Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

tablets

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

t_downes
t_downes e2 Member 6260 forum postst_downes vcard United Kingdom
18 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hi. I have treated myself to a tablet Google nexus 10 but seem to have problems browsing this site using the tablet .Trying to follow latest stuff in the forums is difficult and viewing photo galleries is not easy. Also trying to use the tabs at the top of the page so I can look at other things is a pain.Am I missing something or do I lack a certain app or software to help me browse this site. I have no problem when using a desk top PC or even my smart phone.Anyone else having this problem or have a solution. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 7954 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

epz sucks on every android device I have tried using stock browser. Have you tried using chrome?.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 18 May 2013 - 11:15 AM
paulcookphotography

What specific problems are you having?

Are the tabs not working opening or is the touch-point less than accurate? Doesnt sound like a site issue

t_downes
18 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'm using chrome Gareth. Paul I'm struggling going through the tab menus to look at various things.so at the moment I have one member saying its a site problem and another saying it could be the way the tablet may be set up. I have looked into both your suggestion and still struggling.let's see what comments I get through the day.Thanks to you both for getting back to me.

keith selmes
18 May 2013 - 1:06 PM

The menus can be a problem, I mainly just have recent activity as a favourite. Saves time.

t_downes
18 May 2013 - 1:16 PM

Cheers Keith for getting back to me.I thought using a tablet on this site would save me firing up the PC. But getting round this site using a tablet is not so easy as a PC.

SpikeD3100
SpikeD3100 e2 Member 1SpikeD3100 vcard United Kingdom
18 May 2013 - 1:38 PM

I have not had any issues using ipad via Safari.Smile

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104005 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 2:21 PM

I use an Android tablet and the menus are very hard to touch...either double tap to enlarge or create bookmarks for each page.

Not the best but workable.

Cmon EPz get us up to speed Smile Smile Smile Smile

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 7954 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 2:48 PM

yeah stop this apple sh1t and get with it. Android are the biggest selling mobile devices in the world and ignoring them is silly.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 18 May 2013 - 2:53 PM
t_downes
18 May 2013 - 2:50 PM

I find when I click on the grey tabs at the top of the page it seems to only let me view the category at the top of each one. So take the tab called photos if I click on say the galleries it will go to awarded photos. This happens on any of the other tabs only wanting to show me the first category under that tab.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 3:06 PM

The tabs are pretty much unusable on my Android device.

It is really something that should be sorted out. More and more people are using tablet computers - and there are problems on this site I have not come across elsewhere.

I've put in a report drawing attention to this thread.

GarethRobinson
18 May 2013 - 3:11 PM

ever try viewing epz emails on an android phone, I know on my s2 its a nightmare. So I don't read them anymore, they go straight to the bin. As for even trying to sign in on said device to epz is a god dam joke.

Any epz staff on android devices really can't say they have not noticed how bad it really is.

Rant over..

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 18 May 2013 - 3:15 PM
monstersnowman
18 May 2013 - 3:12 PM

Again no probs using IPad.

t_downes
18 May 2013 - 3:13 PM

Its a shame really. As one of the reason I invested in a tablet was to regularly view things on this site as it saves me firing up a PC or a netbook.

barrovian
barrovian e2 Member 9160 forum postsbarrovian vcard United Kingdom
18 May 2013 - 3:16 PM

I've resorted to bookmarking my most commonly used epz pages separately on my Nexus. The tabs only go to the top-most item.
Sad

P

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.