Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

tablets

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

GarethRobinson
18 May 2013 - 3:18 PM

t_downes, exactly and to be honest it is the only site I have problems with, has been since day one and one reason I refuse to pay for an epz sub.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 18 May 2013 - 3:20 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 May 2013 - 3:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

t_downes
t_downes e2 Member 6260 forum postst_downes vcard United Kingdom
18 May 2013 - 3:34 PM

I understand what your saying gareth. Now that I'm moving onto a tablet for more of my browsing and things I feel that being a member is not giving me the extra benefits using my tablet than using my PC.

t_downes
18 May 2013 - 3:56 PM

Even on the home page and click on the hyper link that I feel should take me to the latest photo galleries does not work. I'm able to click on the individual PIC under the link but this is not how I want to view 1 PIC at a time

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 3:59 PM

The site needs to be fully optimised for use on Windows, Apple and Android operating systems.

Failure to do this could have serious commercial consequences for EPZ as about 98-99% of the "1.6 million photographers" mentioned in their advertising blurb are casual browsers and not members. The 1.6m figure could drop dramatically if the site is difficult to use - casual browsers are not going to hang around struggling with tabs etc. They will just move on.

Just as an aside, about 10 years ago I built, from scratch, a personal website for a friend using (a) the most basic tools and (b) my own very limited IT skills. That site still works perfectly under any operating system and on any device - computer, tablet, phone etc - despite the underlying technology, code etc being ancient and primitive. So, if I can manage it, I'm sure EPZ can! (Gissa job? Tongue Wink)

Last Modified By Carabosse at 18 May 2013 - 4:02 PM
t_downes
18 May 2013 - 4:14 PM

I have had my tablet a week and been on various sites and have no problem.even Facebook has the ability to go through there menus with no problems. I asked my wife to try this site on her nexus 7 and struggles.I thought tablets are the mobile way forward hence me leaving a laptop behind and viewing from my tablet.

GarethRobinson
18 May 2013 - 4:36 PM

Tablets are great for surfing, the problem is not your device, do not let 1 site get you down, plenty of others to look at, just bypass this one as I do and im sure many others do on their mobile devices until they sort it. Now it has been brought to their attention maybe they will do something about it.
Yes it works fine on the ipad as I have tried it on the wife's ipad, but the world certainly does not revolve around ios devices. There is much more capable and less restrictive mobile devices that are in higher demand and in use.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 18 May 2013 - 4:45 PM
t_downes
18 May 2013 - 5:15 PM

I went for a android tablet as im an android phone user. And after the write ups between the Nexus 10 and Ipad i decided to stick with android. And the ability to add external hard drive or memory sticks appealed to me.Not sure if ipad can add external things. But im not put off by the problem with viewing this site on my tablet as you say there are plenty sites out there where my tablet flies through.

banehawi
banehawi Critique Team 10777 forum postsbanehawi vcard Canada2782 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 6:18 PM

CB is right. However, I dont understand exactly what your problem is to have any advice. The ONLY tablet that EPZ, or any image site looks excellent on is Apple. Any of the tablets, and their iPhones. And thats from looking at them side by side in a store, and its only my opinion.

I have never read any review that rated the nexus as a better product that the Apple 4, - but its better value, not better performance.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/8301-13484_53-57558277-10391694/prizefight-apple-ipad-4th...

So, what EXACTLY is the problem you have? The Nexus comes with Chrome as the native browser, and Chrome is good, so what happens with EPZ? Does it load; can you view images; whats is really wrong. It should work quite well?

Ive just browsed EPZ on my sons Samsung Galaxy using Chrome, and other than the colour tone looks a touch off, it looks OK?

Willie

Willie

t_downes
18 May 2013 - 6:34 PM

I never said any reviews I looked at were saying the nexus was better.

t_downes
18 May 2013 - 6:39 PM

When I try going through the grey tabs to the drop down menus I'm unable to choose any links. It just keeps picking the first link all the time.

banehawi
banehawi Critique Team 10777 forum postsbanehawi vcard Canada2782 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 6:50 PM

OK, - get it, you mentioned that before. So, you have Chrome open in tabs, and when you select a tab, what do you expect to happen thats not happening. I would guess you want an address bar to enter a new site?

Re the comparison, I read you had read write ups between the nexus and iPad, and preferred the option to expand. No offense meant.

I can chase down some answers for you if you can confirm I have the problem correct.

Willie

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014407 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 6:58 PM

Willie, I view my images I have on Skydrive with my Nexus 7, and it's the best I've ever seen them. The problem I have when I enter Epz with it, is all I see is advertising and I can't go where I want to go, it's mass confusion. That's my opinion from experience, and I don't have the patience to deal with it. I only access the site on my desktop. Life is too short.

Denny

t_downes
18 May 2013 - 7:02 PM

No problem Willie. As I say its when going into the grey tabs on the home page to pick a link to view it always picks the first link in the drop down.I expect to be able to pick a subject and a new window should open but this does not happen.My wife is sitting next to me and I just asked her to try and she also was getting the same problem.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108365 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 7:06 PM

The problem seems to be that when you touch the menu it sends a click to epz and so picks the default menu item.
Normally you would hover over the menu and the drop down would show allowing you to pick an option.

Not sure what the guys can do but they will have a look.

t_downes
18 May 2013 - 7:10 PM

Cheers barrovian. I have started doing that but you should be able to just click on certain links and it takes you there, and this don't seem to be happening on my nexus 10 or my wife's nexus 7. But works OK on the PC.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.