Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

tablets

Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
18 May 2013 8:23PM
The Nexus 7 is considered the best small tablet out there and Denny is right: the photos on EPZ look excellent on it.

Shame about the tabs! Wink

Hope this can be sorted soon.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

20 May 2013 9:32AM
Hi Everyone,

This is the first we have heard of this problem on Android and we have tested the menus on an Android device and had no problems. So, we need to get to the bottom of this. What version of Android are you guys running?
cats_123 e2
10 4.0k 25 Northern Ireland
20 May 2013 9:34AM
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
20 May 2013 9:45AM
David the problem seems to be that as soon as you hit "forums" to get the drop down menu it does a page refresh so you never get a chance to get the drop down menu.
Its done it on every version of Android I have had.
oldblokeh 3 845 United Kingdom
20 May 2013 10:02AM

Quote:David the problem seems to be that as soon as you hit "forums" to get the drop down menu it does a page refresh so you never get a chance to get the drop down menu.
Its done it on every version of Android I have had.

Same problem, more or less, on Winphone 8.
mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
20 May 2013 10:10AM
Just yesterday evening I think I found the solution on my Samsung Tab: I had this problem for ages and found that sometimes I could get the menu list (not often but enough times to be frustrating).

On the EPZ page, you have been pressing the 'forum' tab. This requires you to touch the screen and hold for a split second. Instead of 'touch and hold', if you 'touch and swipe down' it will give you the menu list and you can select the submenu you want.
cats_123 e2
20 May 2013 10:14AM

Quote:On the EPZ page, you have been pressing the 'forum' tab. This requires you to touch the screen and hold for a split second. Instead of 'touch and hold', if you 'touch and swipe down' it will give you the menu list and you can select the submenu you want.

You're right, Mike

just tried it and it works GrinGrinGrin
20 May 2013 10:16AM
I hope you guys don't mind being our guinea pig for a couple of minutes. Could you load your android browsers , hit refresh and see if the problem is resolved now?
cats_123 e2
20 May 2013 10:30AM

Quote:I hope you guys don't mind being our guinea pig for a couple of minutes. Could you load your android browsers , hit refresh and see if the problem is resolved now?

No..single tap still refreshes the screen...touch and slide works Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
20 May 2013 11:12AM
Touch and slide doesn't work for me. Android 4.2.2
mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
20 May 2013 11:38AM
I'm using Android 4.1.1 - I would be surprised if 4.2.2 disabled the 'touch and slide'. Maybe it is different on Nexus and Samsung?
Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
20 May 2013 11:44AM
The Nexus has "pure" Android. Other manufacturers tweak Android, or so I understand.
20 May 2013 1:00PM
Can you guys refresh and try again? We've just made a slight change to the menu.
cats_123 e2
20 May 2013 1:07PM

Quote:Can you guys refresh and try again? We've just made a slight change to the menu.

No..still seems to refresh Sad
keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
20 May 2013 1:07PM
No. Results still variable. Sometimes I get the option I'm trying for, mostly it goes straight through.
e.g. Open it wide so I can get a finger on the option, Press on Forums, then on Recent Activity, it opens Forums usually.
But sometimes I get Recent Activity underlined and then highlighted, and it will go there.

It seems to need some very skilled finger work and a smidgen of pure luck.

Not sure if there is an improvement in that I'm usually getting a list of menu options - it doesn't flick straight through - but it tends to still ignore my selection.

Android 4.0.4 on a Xoom 2

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.