Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

tablets

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139430 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 8:23 PM

The Nexus 7 is considered the best small tablet out there and Denny is right: the photos on EPZ look excellent on it.

Shame about the tabs! Wink

Hope this can be sorted soon.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 May 2013 - 8:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
20 May 2013 - 9:32 AM

Hi Everyone,

This is the first we have heard of this problem on Android and we have tested the menus on an Android device and had no problems. So, we need to get to the bottom of this. What version of Android are you guys running?

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2013 - 9:34 AM

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014137 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2013 - 9:45 AM

David the problem seems to be that as soon as you hit "forums" to get the drop down menu it does a page refresh so you never get a chance to get the drop down menu.
Its done it on every version of Android I have had.

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3815 forum posts United Kingdom
20 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Quote: David the problem seems to be that as soon as you hit "forums" to get the drop down menu it does a page refresh so you never get a chance to get the drop down menu.
Its done it on every version of Android I have had.

Same problem, more or less, on Winphone 8.

mikehit
mikehit  56450 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Just yesterday evening I think I found the solution on my Samsung Tab: I had this problem for ages and found that sometimes I could get the menu list (not often but enough times to be frustrating).

On the EPZ page, you have been pressing the 'forum' tab. This requires you to touch the screen and hold for a split second. Instead of 'touch and hold', if you 'touch and swipe down' it will give you the menu list and you can select the submenu you want.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

Quote: On the EPZ page, you have been pressing the 'forum' tab. This requires you to touch the screen and hold for a split second. Instead of 'touch and hold', if you 'touch and swipe down' it will give you the menu list and you can select the submenu you want.

You're right, Mike

just tried it and it works GrinGrinGrin

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
20 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

I hope you guys don't mind being our guinea pig for a couple of minutes. Could you load your android browsers , hit refresh and see if the problem is resolved now?

cats_123
20 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Quote: I hope you guys don't mind being our guinea pig for a couple of minutes. Could you load your android browsers , hit refresh and see if the problem is resolved now?

No..single tap still refreshes the screen...touch and slide works Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139430 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Touch and slide doesn't work for me. Android 4.2.2

mikehit
mikehit  56450 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'm using Android 4.1.1 - I would be surprised if 4.2.2 disabled the 'touch and slide'. Maybe it is different on Nexus and Samsung?

Carabosse
20 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

The Nexus has "pure" Android. Other manufacturers tweak Android, or so I understand.

davidburleson
20 May 2013 - 1:00 PM

Can you guys refresh and try again? We've just made a slight change to the menu.

cats_123
20 May 2013 - 1:07 PM

Quote: Can you guys refresh and try again? We've just made a slight change to the menu.

No..still seems to refresh Sad

keith selmes
20 May 2013 - 1:07 PM

No. Results still variable. Sometimes I get the option I'm trying for, mostly it goes straight through.
e.g. Open it wide so I can get a finger on the option, Press on Forums, then on Recent Activity, it opens Forums usually.
But sometimes I get Recent Activity underlined and then highlighted, and it will go there.

It seems to need some very skilled finger work and a smidgen of pure luck.

Not sure if there is an improvement in that I'm usually getting a list of menu options - it doesn't flick straight through - but it tends to still ignore my selection.

Android 4.0.4 on a Xoom 2

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.