Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Take A View 2012

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MattB1987
MattB1987 e2 Member 2406 forum postsMattB1987 vcard England
25 Jul 2012 - 2:21 PM

Wow well done everyone! Hopefully EPZ will do well! Though I wish i hadn't looked at your entries, they're pretty damn impressive!! Good luck to everyone for the next stage!
Matt

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jul 2012 - 2:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SimonAtkinson
25 Jul 2012 - 3:36 PM

3 shortlisted for me this year, certainly not the ones I would have chosen so i'm not holding out too much confidence tbh.
Saltwick Bay
Whitby
Ingleborough

I won the Calumet 'This is Britain' award in the competition last year so I think it will be impossible to match that success this year.
Good luck to everyone! Smile

clive burrow
clive burrow e2 Member 1071 forum postsclive burrow vcard United Kingdom
25 Jul 2012 - 6:28 PM

1 for me, first time I've reached the shortlisted stage.
good luck to all fellow epzr's
Clive

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 6:36 PM

Quite a number shortlisted here then Smile. Well done guys...fingers and toes crossed.

derekhansen
derekhansen e2 Member 5180 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 8:57 PM

Just 1 for me this year. 3rd time shortlisted, hope this is my lucky year.

Fairfield Church

BillyGoatGruff
BillyGoatGruff e2 Member 7191 forum postsBillyGoatGruff vcard England199 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 10:34 PM

One for me, too.

Good luck all!
Grin

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2012 - 12:22 AM

Some truly inspiring Landscape photos there everyone and well done , shame i cant say i feel the same about the commercial, money making so called competition that it is ..... bout time this sort of thing was clamped down on

Tynnwrlluniau
Tynnwrlluniau e2 Member 438 forum postsTynnwrlluniau vcard Wales36 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2012 - 3:00 PM

Three for me this year. Fourth time shortlisted but have only made the book once before with a mono shot of Three Cliffs Bay. Not the three I would have chosen from my submission but I'm chuffed to be considered.
Alun

Stubill
Stubill  6107 forum posts England
30 Jul 2012 - 3:57 PM

One for me this year too. Second time shortlisted.
Like Alun says, I'm delighted to be considered.
Stu

Beckerwins
24 Aug 2012 - 11:32 AM

I read the discussion and I wanted to focus on another point. Most of you said that the pictures have been shortlisted are not "your best". I've to agree with you, but I'm not surprised as the first round judging has been run by a NON landscape photographers team of judges (somebody is not even a photographer...), which is not a very good point to me. The risk is to miss some "important" shoots. Anyway. Good luck all!

Last Modified By Beckerwins at 24 Aug 2012 - 11:41 AM
keithh
keithh  1022788 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
24 Aug 2012 - 12:01 PM

Quote: NON landscape photographers team of judges (somebody is not even a photographer...),

Not a bad thing - the images that appeal to photographers very often leave the general public feeling ambivalent, if not decidely cold.

mikehit
mikehit  46171 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
24 Aug 2012 - 12:10 PM

I agree. Too many photography judges get too wrapped up in technicalities (and some can be so far up their own backsides on 'artistic merit') but non-photographerstend to take a photo at face value and will simply judge it on what they see and feel.

Beckerwins
24 Aug 2012 - 12:27 PM

Try to imagine yourself (as a landscape photographer) in front of a portrait. I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to point it out a curious side of competitions. Emotion and feeling are part of photography. Wink

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
24 Aug 2012 - 12:39 PM

Problem with the way they are doing is the inconsistency.
The final round judges might adore those kicked out by the first round non landscape photographers judges.

If Pete could judge all the photos uploaded here, I am sure Charlie can too with so much monies pouring in from the entrance fees.....LOL

keithh
keithh  1022788 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
24 Aug 2012 - 12:42 PM

Most film critics are not producers or actors, same with art critics.

You do not need to be a photographer to judge a photograph or to know if you felt any emotion.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.