Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Take A View 2012

MattB1987 e2
3 444 England
25 Jul 2012 2:21PM
Wow well done everyone! Hopefully EPZ will do well! Though I wish i hadn't looked at your entries, they're pretty damn impressive!! Good luck to everyone for the next stage!
Matt

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

25 Jul 2012 3:36PM
3 shortlisted for me this year, certainly not the ones I would have chosen so i'm not holding out too much confidence tbh.
Saltwick Bay
Whitby
Ingleborough

I won the Calumet 'This is Britain' award in the competition last year so I think it will be impossible to match that success this year.
Good luck to everyone! Smile
25 Jul 2012 6:28PM
1 for me, first time I've reached the shortlisted stage.
good luck to all fellow epzr's
Clive
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
25 Jul 2012 6:36PM
Quite a number shortlisted here then Smile. Well done guys...fingers and toes crossed.
derekhansen e2
6 200 24 United Kingdom
25 Jul 2012 8:57PM
Just 1 for me this year. 3rd time shortlisted, hope this is my lucky year.

Fairfield Church
BillyGoatGruff e2
7 191 199 England
25 Jul 2012 10:34PM
One for me, too.

Good luck all!
Grin
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
27 Jul 2012 12:22AM
Some truly inspiring Landscape photos there everyone and well done , shame i cant say i feel the same about the commercial, money making so called competition that it is ..... bout time this sort of thing was clamped down on
30 Jul 2012 3:00PM
Three for me this year. Fourth time shortlisted but have only made the book once before with a mono shot of Three Cliffs Bay. Not the three I would have chosen from my submission but I'm chuffed to be considered.
Alun
Stubill 6 107 England
30 Jul 2012 3:57PM
One for me this year too. Second time shortlisted.
Like Alun says, I'm delighted to be considered.
Stu
24 Aug 2012 11:32AM
I read the discussion and I wanted to focus on another point. Most of you said that the pictures have been shortlisted are not "your best". I've to agree with you, but I'm not surprised as the first round judging has been run by a NON landscape photographers team of judges (somebody is not even a photographer...), which is not a very good point to me. The risk is to miss some "important" shoots. Anyway. Good luck all!
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
24 Aug 2012 12:01PM

Quote:NON landscape photographers team of judges (somebody is not even a photographer...),

Not a bad thing - the images that appeal to photographers very often leave the general public feeling ambivalent, if not decidely cold.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2012 12:10PM
I agree. Too many photography judges get too wrapped up in technicalities (and some can be so far up their own backsides on 'artistic merit') but non-photographerstend to take a photo at face value and will simply judge it on what they see and feel.
24 Aug 2012 12:27PM
Try to imagine yourself (as a landscape photographer) in front of a portrait. I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to point it out a curious side of competitions. Emotion and feeling are part of photography. Wink
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
24 Aug 2012 12:39PM
Problem with the way they are doing is the inconsistency.
The final round judges might adore those kicked out by the first round non landscape photographers judges.

If Pete could judge all the photos uploaded here, I am sure Charlie can too with so much monies pouring in from the entrance fees.....LOL
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
24 Aug 2012 12:42PM
Most film critics are not producers or actors, same with art critics.

You do not need to be a photographer to judge a photograph or to know if you felt any emotion.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.