Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Take A View 2012

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
1 Nov 2012 12:05PM
Very atmospheric and well deserved Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
2 Nov 2012 6:03PM
Baz72 5 30 Scotland
2 Nov 2012 6:41PM
Kind of makes a mockery of the book that is already out !!!
hope he didn't spend any of the cash !!!
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
2 Nov 2012 6:49PM

Quote:Kind of makes a mockery of the book that is already out !!!

I assume then that the book indicates who the, now disqualified, winner was ?

I wonder why the organisers have only just discovered that the T & C's of entry were broken ?
Did somebody complain ?
sut68 11 2.0k 76 England
2 Nov 2012 7:10PM
Oh yes Jeff ... loads of discussions about it on the web and a few complaints from some well respected photographers to the Take a View panel seem to have got the decision overturned.
uggyy 9 2.1k 9 Scotland
2 Nov 2012 7:22PM
Reading a tad on this one and ohhh my has a hornets nest been stirred up... Reminds me why I dont enter this one, that and another reason I wont mention. Opens another question of how the judges missed it...
Baz72 5 30 Scotland
2 Nov 2012 7:43PM
Forgot to say...congrats to the new winner, must have been a nice surprise !!
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
2 Nov 2012 8:13PM

Quote:must have been a nice surprise !!

A 10,000 surprise Smile
uggyy 9 2.1k 9 Scotland
2 Nov 2012 8:20PM
Be interesting to see if he gets the money and out of interest did the prev winner receive it or was still waiting on it.

And yes I think its important to know, this isn't a free comp, you pay to enter and entitled to know.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
2 Nov 2012 9:47PM
Judging large competitions is such a challenge these days, especially when the prize is so big and there's a cost to enter!
uggyy 9 2.1k 9 Scotland
3 Nov 2012 2:07AM
Pete I seen this image, liked it but 1st thought was --- hmm a lot of works went into getting that one looking right. The one he won "over all" with is no where near as manipulated as the other one he had disqualified by the looks of it. I honestly feel sad for this guy, he must be gutted regardless of right or wrong of how far he went with PS.

If you ever want to know privately Pete my other reason, then say and I will PM you about it.
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2012 10:21AM

Quote:Be interesting to see if he gets the money and out of interest did the prev winner receive it or was still waiting on it.

Past winners have received their prize at the opening day of the Exhibition, which I don't think has happened yet.

Must admit, when I first saw the (original) winner, I raised an eyebrow at the obvious level of manipulation, surprised that it was deemed acceptable - but honestly I think they would have been better off with just keeping it and improving screening procedures for next year.
uggyy 9 2.1k 9 Scotland
4 Nov 2012 2:38AM
You know one of the things that makes me worry, Mr Waite is one of the judges and he has images of this location on this very spot in the National Trust for sale. Wonder how it got past him lol
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
4 Nov 2012 5:14PM
Last week's Amateur Photographer is still claiming that David Byrne's Lindisfarne shot was the overall winner.

Digital manipulation or not, I still think it is a far superior photograph to Butterworth's tenements.

But, hey, no reason why everyone should like the same stuff.
uggyy 9 2.1k 9 Scotland
4 Nov 2012 7:38PM
Had a look at some of Simons work, very good stuff and well erm the Tenement shot is no where nears as good as the other stuff he has on his website. So I must confess as an urban shot, it don't rock my boat much...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.