Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Take a view 2011

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

LesF
LesF  7175 forum posts8 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2011 - 10:09 AM

Go on Cole be a devil and reach for the impossible, after all it's 10k, begging letter at the ready

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BillyGoatGruff
BillyGoatGruff e2 Member 7191 forum postsBillyGoatGruff vcard England199 Constructive Critique Points

Ok. I won't ask what you'd spend your winnings on then...Wink

mlewis
mlewis  91475 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Jul 2011 - 12:29 PM

I have one shortlisted.

AngieLatham
26 Jul 2011 - 2:58 PM

One shortlisted out of 25 , first time I have eneterd and I'd love just to get in the book Smile

the image is a recrop of this one:

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/angelabarnett-21543/gallery/photo/elements-of-sco...

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2011 - 3:01 PM

Oh dear, 2 out of my 3 was from that same location, Angela.....LOL
So, is 'In the Book' the next step up after 'shortlisting'? (my first time too)

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 26 Jul 2011 - 3:02 PM
AngieLatham
26 Jul 2011 - 3:04 PM

I am not sure, not done this before....but I think they have to be commended or Highly Commended to get in the book? (maybe others can confirm that).

My image didn't get a Pete HC so dosen't bode well it will get one from Mr Waite! lol

cdm36
cdm36  10390 forum posts England7 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2011 - 3:06 PM

Quote: My image didn't get a Pete HC

Thats cos you didnt leave enough money behind his secret tree stump Wink

JimParren
JimParren  5
26 Jul 2011 - 3:14 PM

winners runners up highly commended and commended go into book.

Most of these make the London exhibition but a proportion of the commeended are put on a slide show rather than printed.

Good luck to those shortlisted - no luck here.....

Last Modified By JimParren at 26 Jul 2011 - 3:15 PM
mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2011 - 3:25 PM

Once again, I have a single photo shortlisted, and once again it was not really my strongest which made it through.

OK, technically it was 2 shortlised, but they are to all intents and purposes the same shot taken twice, so really should count as one (see V1 and V2):
http://www.ephotozine.com/user/mattw-14911/gallery/photo/whitsand-bay-16351675

On the plus side, I was pleased to hear my commended shot from last year has been selected to be publised as a greeting card - one of only 16 from the first 4 years of the competition combined Grin

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2011 - 3:28 PM

Interesting. So, you entered two very similar shots and both got shortlisted.
Well done, btw, Matt, on the greeting card!

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2011 - 3:30 PM

Quote: I am not sure, not done this before....but I think they have to be commended or Highly Commended to get in the book? (maybe others can confirm that).

Yes. From memory, I believe that shortlisted shots have a 1 in 4 chance of becomming commended or higher - and of the commended (and higher), I think it is somewhere 50%-60% make it into the exhibition.

Quote:
Interesting. So, you entered two very similar shots and both got shortlisted.

I couldn't make my mind up, and it seems as though they couldn't either....

Last Modified By mattw at 26 Jul 2011 - 3:33 PM
BillyGoatGruff
BillyGoatGruff e2 Member 7191 forum postsBillyGoatGruff vcard England199 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2011 - 3:50 PM

Yep. Was shortlisted last year but it failed to get anywhere after that, so it looks like a multi-stage process with several hurdles to get over before any kind of commendation or better.

BTW. Well done Matt! Grin

derekhansen
derekhansen e2 Member 5180 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2011 - 7:38 PM

1 shortlisted from 15 and I would have put the one selected as one of the weakest in fact I only included it to make up the numbers!!

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/derekhansen-88695/gallery/photo/lavender-field--s...

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014014 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2011 - 7:45 PM

Quote: OK, technically it was 2 shortlised, but they are to all intents and purposes the same shot taken twice

Well it's not unknown for two shots taken from the same viewpoint to end up in the final exhibition.

yorkshirerob
26 Jul 2011 - 7:54 PM

Derek I can see why they picked that - its great and I can imagine it in the book.
Same here, 1 from 15 shortlisted, the one photo I felt was the least impressive! Weird.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.