Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Take a view 2011

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2011 - 6:19 PM

Cheers Paul.
They seem to like Glencoe.....LOL
Seeing as to how many shots there are from Glencoe, I think 2 of my 3 would be out then...Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Jul 2011 - 6:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

martinl
martinl e2 Member 10248 forum postsmartinl vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2011 - 6:29 PM

What chance a shot of the Buckle winning, given how many seem to have been shortlisted!!
Wink

fraser
fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2011 - 6:33 PM

Nowt for me this year and I can't say I'm surprised by the list of those who have been shortlisted. Well done and good luck at the next stage.

Fraser

BillyGoatGruff
BillyGoatGruff e2 Member 7191 forum postsBillyGoatGruff vcard England199 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2011 - 7:30 PM

Quote: I've managed to get 5 through

Oh darn....
Roll on 2012 then!

Couldn't agree more, Matt!

I'm off to shoot myself in the head soon....Wink

AngieLatham
27 Jul 2011 - 10:39 PM

Well Paul, if (like someone said earlier in the thread) you have a 1 in 4 chance of getting in the book if your shortlisted, you should be guaranteed at least one!!

(not at all pissed your one of those annoying members who came to ONE Scottish epz meet and managed to 'bag' the Buckle first visit when some of us have been trying for years Wink Tongue )

Good luck to you Paul and to all the others, the more epzers in the book the better.....could turn out to be like a family photo album! lol Grin

pmorgan
pmorgan  7217 forum posts England13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2011 - 10:46 PM

Quote: (not at all pissed your one of those annoying members who came to ONE Scottish epz meet and managed to 'bag' the Buckle first visit when some of us have been trying for years Wink Tongue )

I do recall you and Dougie bagging a few beauties down my neck of the woods too - so it's only fair Smile Wink

Thanks for the kind words Smile

mlewis
mlewis  91475 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Jul 2011 - 12:31 PM

Quote: Cheers Paul.
They seem to like Glencoe.....LOL

My shortlisted photo was taken in Glencoe. It wasn't the best I sent in though.

JohnParminter
28 Jul 2011 - 5:27 PM

I purposely entered very specific and unfamiliar mountain shots this year as I had already done well with a BEM shot however, I think my dastardly plan has seriously backfired....... Sad

I did have one shortlisted though, my only one not specific of mountains.. hmmmm.

yorkshirerob
28 Jul 2011 - 6:42 PM

Hope it's not another bookful of the usual - the buckle/glencoe, falikirk wheel, that beach on Eigg and of course those two places on skye - quiraing and neist point!

BillyGoatGruff
BillyGoatGruff e2 Member 7191 forum postsBillyGoatGruff vcard England199 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2011 - 7:00 PM

Strange isn't it, that a lot of people who have been shortlisted think that the shortlisted shots aren't their best efforts!

Makes one wonder by what criteria the first round judges actually make their selections, or whether we're all misleading ourselves about what is actually good.....! Wink

Still, it was extremely comforting to know that one shot of mine got past the first hurdle last year (even if it fell at the next)....made me think my efforts were actually going in the right direction, even if it was according to someone else's compass!

Good luck everyone....may the wind be at your backs and may wealth and fame be in close attendance!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2011 - 7:33 PM

I might be the minority then as I do think my shortlisted are my best....hence it is interesting for me to see if my best are good enough.

Stubill
Stubill  6107 forum posts England
28 Jul 2011 - 8:28 PM

Quote: Hope it's not another bookful of the usual - the buckle/glencoe, falikirk wheel, that beach on Eigg and of course those two places on skye - quiraing and neist point!

Corfe of the North Smile

I have entered 4 years on the trot, the first year having 5 images shortlisted, but nothing since.
Either I am crap at picking images for competitions, or my photography is getting worse.
I always go for the former Grin
Sincere best of luck to all shortlisted.

Kris_Dutson
28 Jul 2011 - 8:39 PM

Good luck all.

You all stand a better chance than you did 'cos I haven't entered this year. Tongue

Wink

cdm36
cdm36 e2 Member 10390 forum postscdm36 vcard England7 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2011 - 8:51 PM

Quote: Good luck all.

You all stand a better chance than you did 'cos I haven't entered this year. Tongue

Wink

Tea with Charlies made you big headed Wink Tongue

Kris_Dutson
28 Jul 2011 - 9:00 PM

I think I'd rather have had ten grand Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.