Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Take a view 2011

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
mlewis
mlewis  91470 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Jul 2011 - 9:59 PM

Quote: Hope it's not another bookful of the usual - the buckle/glencoe, falikirk wheel, that beach on Eigg and of course those two places on skye - quiraing and neist point!

Well I suspect my photo taken in Glencoe is not one of the more usual views of the location at least.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Jul 2011 - 9:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JohnParminter
28 Jul 2011 - 10:38 PM

Quote: Hope it's not another bookful of the usual - the buckle/glencoe, falikirk wheel, that beach on Eigg and of course those two places on skye - quiraing and neist point!

I suspect it will be Robert because it has to be from a sponsorship and marketing point of view. The book has to sell after the competition and it will need to appeal to non photographers as much as amateur and advanced photographers. I think a large proportion of recognisable images will need to be in it for this reason, the book is a coffee table type.

I don't personally have a problem with this if it is actually the case, I knew this in my mind before I entered mine, I deliberately entered very specific types of mostly unrecognisable scenes. I think my entrants were of a high photographic quality but perhaps a scene of an unpronouncable mountain winter sunrise might not tickle the judges fancy - who knows in competitions?

Still got a slim chance with one shortlisted so pretty chuffed with that.
JP

yorkshirerob
29 Jul 2011 - 12:37 PM

Yeah I agree John, there has to be the UKs most spectacular places in the book. But there are so many spectacular scenes in the UK, do we need the same place over again?

I was lucky enough to get 2 pics in the last book, and everyone who I showed the book to commented that lots of the shots were very similar.

Tynnwrlluniau
Tynnwrlluniau e2 Member 426 forum postsTynnwrlluniau vcard Wales32 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2011 - 12:03 AM

I had one in the book three years ago, three shortlisted but went no further last year and one shortlisted this year - I'm getting progressively worse Sad Like many I was surprised by the shortlisted pic this year and in previous years too. Perhaps I can sneak in with the token shot from Wales Grin Mind you having seen your shortlisted entries, I feel pretty blown out of the water and deflated - you talented beggars you!
Alun

Marloes Sands

Baz72
Baz72 e2 Member 530 forum postsBaz72 vcard Scotland
20 Oct 2011 - 3:16 PM

Anyone had any news yet....think emails were getting sent out today and tomorrow according to there facebook page !!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Oct 2011 - 6:25 PM

Nope, I am not holding my breathe either.

Tynnwrlluniau
Tynnwrlluniau e2 Member 426 forum postsTynnwrlluniau vcard Wales32 Constructive Critique Points
20 Oct 2011 - 7:28 PM

No news yet but with just the one shortlisted I don't have any expectations whatsoever.
Alun

pmorgan
pmorgan  7217 forum posts England13 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2011 - 11:40 AM

The Sunday Times Magazine will show winning images from the Awards in Spectrum this Sunday (from Twitter 55mins ago)

Still not sure if the shortlist emails have gone out yet though?

Paul

Last Modified By pmorgan at 21 Oct 2011 - 11:40 AM
mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2011 - 2:52 PM

Not recieved anything myself (with only 1, it was expected)
The shortlist emails went out this time last year - but those luck ones recieving the emails will not be allowed to tell anyone till after the Times artical has been publised.

pmorgan
pmorgan  7217 forum posts England13 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2011 - 3:37 PM

Ah, doesn't look too good then - thought they were cutting it fine, as they said the 20th and 21st - looks like no news is bad news Sad

(by the way - your phone seems to be dead Matt?)

Rgds
Paul

Last Modified By pmorgan at 21 Oct 2011 - 3:37 PM
sut68
sut68  101994 forum posts England76 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2011 - 4:27 PM

Have they??? WinkSmile

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2011 - 4:49 PM

they might have Wink
but then they might not...Wink Smile

cdm36
cdm36 e2 Member 10390 forum postscdm36 vcard England7 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2011 - 4:58 PM

Quote: Have they??? Wink

Quote: they might have Wink
but then they might not...Wink Smile

I couldnt possibly say Wink

sut68
sut68  101994 forum posts England76 Constructive Critique Points
21 Oct 2011 - 5:54 PM

Nice one Cole ... or not Wink

You too MrM ... or possibly maybe not Grin

Coleslaw
22 Oct 2011 - 1:41 PM

Well, I have just got the 'You are not good enough this time' email from them.
Guess I won't be waiting for Charlie no more.
At least I now know for definite.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.