Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Take a view 2011

mlewis 10 1.5k United Kingdom
28 Jul 2011 9:59PM

Quote:Hope it's not another bookful of the usual - the buckle/glencoe, falikirk wheel, that beach on Eigg and of course those two places on skye - quiraing and neist point!

Well I suspect my photo taken in Glencoe is not one of the more usual views of the location at least.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JohnParminter 7 1.3k 14 England
28 Jul 2011 10:38PM

Quote:Hope it's not another bookful of the usual - the buckle/glencoe, falikirk wheel, that beach on Eigg and of course those two places on skye - quiraing and neist point!

I suspect it will be Robert because it has to be from a sponsorship and marketing point of view. The book has to sell after the competition and it will need to appeal to non photographers as much as amateur and advanced photographers. I think a large proportion of recognisable images will need to be in it for this reason, the book is a coffee table type.

I don't personally have a problem with this if it is actually the case, I knew this in my mind before I entered mine, I deliberately entered very specific types of mostly unrecognisable scenes. I think my entrants were of a high photographic quality but perhaps a scene of an unpronouncable mountain winter sunrise might not tickle the judges fancy - who knows in competitions?

Still got a slim chance with one shortlisted so pretty chuffed with that.
JP
29 Jul 2011 12:37PM
Yeah I agree John, there has to be the UKs most spectacular places in the book. But there are so many spectacular scenes in the UK, do we need the same place over again?

I was lucky enough to get 2 pics in the last book, and everyone who I showed the book to commented that lots of the shots were very similar.
3 Sep 2011 12:03AM
I had one in the book three years ago, three shortlisted but went no further last year and one shortlisted this year - I'm getting progressively worse Sad Like many I was surprised by the shortlisted pic this year and in previous years too. Perhaps I can sneak in with the token shot from Wales Grin Mind you having seen your shortlisted entries, I feel pretty blown out of the water and deflated - you talented beggars you!
Alun

Marloes Sands
Baz72 5 30 Scotland
20 Oct 2011 3:16PM
Anyone had any news yet....think emails were getting sent out today and tomorrow according to there facebook page !!
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Oct 2011 6:25PM
Nope, I am not holding my breathe either.
20 Oct 2011 7:28PM
No news yet but with just the one shortlisted I don't have any expectations whatsoever.
Alun
pmorgan 8 217 13 England
21 Oct 2011 11:40AM
The Sunday Times Magazine will show winning images from the Awards in Spectrum this Sunday (from Twitter 55mins ago)

Still not sure if the shortlist emails have gone out yet though?

Paul
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2011 2:52PM
Not recieved anything myself (with only 1, it was expected)
The shortlist emails went out this time last year - but those luck ones recieving the emails will not be allowed to tell anyone till after the Times artical has been publised.
pmorgan 8 217 13 England
21 Oct 2011 3:37PM
Ah, doesn't look too good then - thought they were cutting it fine, as they said the 20th and 21st - looks like no news is bad news Sad

(by the way - your phone seems to be dead Matt?)

Rgds
Paul
sut68 11 2.0k 76 England
21 Oct 2011 4:27PM
Have they??? WinkSmile
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
21 Oct 2011 4:49PM
they might have Wink
but then they might not...Wink Smile
cdm36 10 391 7 England
21 Oct 2011 4:58PM

Quote:Have they??? Wink

Quote:they might have Wink
but then they might not...Wink Smile

I couldnt possibly say Wink
sut68 11 2.0k 76 England
21 Oct 2011 5:54PM
Nice one Cole ... or not Wink

You too MrM ... or possibly maybe not Grin
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Oct 2011 1:41PM
Well, I have just got the 'You are not good enough this time' email from them.
Guess I won't be waiting for Charlie no more.
At least I now know for definite.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.