Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Take a view 2011

mlewis e2
10 1.5k United Kingdom
22 Oct 2011 1:54PM

Quote:Well, I have just got the 'You are not good enough this time' email from them.
Guess I won't be waiting for Charlie no more.
At least I now know for definite.

Me too.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mattw e2
11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2011 1:55PM
yes, the 'you are not good enouph' emails are now being sent out.

At least I'm in good company!
pmorgan e2
8 217 13 England
22 Oct 2011 3:40PM
No luck here either Sad
JohnParminter
7 1.3k 14 England
22 Oct 2011 5:23PM
nowt for me again this year, have to try again next year Smile

Congratulations on those who had success and look forward to seeing the results.

JP
derekhansen e2
6 200 24 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2011 5:56PM
Just checked my emails and alas I have also received the 'Dear John' email. My second year entered and shortlisted without getting in.
Baz72 e2
5 30 Scotland
23 Oct 2011 9:34AM
Anyone seen the winning shot in the Sunday Times ??
pmorgan e2
8 217 13 England
23 Oct 2011 10:20AM
Yeah, Winter Field by Robert Fulton - bet he's a happy man this weekend! Smile
kaybee e2
10 4.0k 24 Scotland
23 Oct 2011 10:52AM
I haven't seen it - but I can imagine what it is like .......... he is well known on the 'circuit' and does some nice stuff with light
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
23 Oct 2011 11:09AM
This one? Winter Field - only guessing Smile
pmorgan e2
8 217 13 England
23 Oct 2011 11:43AM

Quote:This one? Winter Field - only guessing Smile

Yep that's the one
David e2
13 32 Scotland
23 Oct 2011 4:56PM
Robert's new website.

Robert Fulton
AngieLatham e2
10 789 2 United Kingdom
23 Oct 2011 7:36PM
My guess is that he was notified around the 18th of october....which if you look in his 'news' section seems to be the same time as his website was (hastily?) erected Wink

joking apart I think his image is lovely and all his work on the website seems equally impressive , I would certainly be proud to have taken any one of them.

Congrats to all who got in , I only got one shortlisted and as it was not one of my best and also of the Glencoe area I was not suprised to get the 'dear john' mail .It was my first attempt though so has made me more determined to do better next year Smile
23 Oct 2011 8:27PM

Quote:joking apart I think his image is lovely and all his work on the website seems equally impressive , I would certainly be proud to have taken any one of them.

Ditto Angela. He does produce some lovely images. Congrats Robert if you are reading this and any others that made it.

In case anyone is interested. I got 2 in this year from 6 shortlisted - I was please because previously I have had cityscapes and landscapes included so this year I got 2 seascapes - which was nice.

One was this one: Boscastle Thrift at Sunset

The other was a mono square shot from Welcome Mouth bay earlier in the year which I haven't got round to uploading.

As for the numbers of entries, I have seen it listed as 'over 20K' previously and with the increase to number of permitted entries per person this time round that could well have risen or maybe that was because entries fell when people realised after the first couple of years that their holiday snaps weren't actually going to win LPOTY (just going by some of the on-line complaints in previous years).

I really doubt that it is 1:4 from shortlist to book though too. I spoke to some of the judges and they just told me that it was A LOT of shots and many more great shots seem to miss out than seem to make it :o) I think the book is approx 370 - 400 pages so nearly 800 images? and there are about 100 in the exhibition then some more in a slide-show thing.

Anyway - cheers all.

Ade
Baz72 e2
5 30 Scotland
23 Oct 2011 11:02PM
Is the book really almost 400 pages ?? wouldn't have thought that !!
Managed to get a comended for this image Arrows over Crammond it was the 2nd image that got a place, so quite chuffed.
Disapointed in the Sunday Times coverage of it today...didn't really tell you who won what and the winning image should have had a page to itself !! just my opinion though !!

Brian.
sut68 e2
11 2.0k 76 England
24 Oct 2011 8:54AM
As it's now Monday, I am officially permitted to say that I managed to get a commended for my uncropped version of ' Tay Trees & Mountain Tops ' [V2], a place in the book and also an invite to the private viewing in London at the National Theatre - well chuffed Smile

Congrats to all the other successful entries and commiserations to those who didn't make it through [this time] ... I know of one other, but I'll let him tell you Wink

Paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.