Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

talkphotography forum (in UK)

17 Feb 2013 8:44PM
Occasionally I have had a look at the above mentioned site. (Shame on me.Sad) I have not visited the site for some months. Tonight I have tried to visit it, the page comes up, but then my security blocks talkphotography, saying "This Site is Harmful. "
Does anyone in EPZ know if they are having problems ?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dcash29 9 2.0k England
17 Feb 2013 8:51PM
Doesn't say that for me
17 Feb 2013 8:58PM
dcash29, Thanks for that. Now I am wondering why it is being blocked for me. I have TalkTalk and their security set-up. I have tried 3 times and each occasion the same happened. I will give it another try tonight, and then see what happens tomorrow. It is a warning I am getting. There is nothing to stop me entering TP, but I am advised not to.
Thanks.
ensign e2
7 191 1 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2013 9:23PM
My net security flashed up a message that an attck had been blocked. I use Norton. If that is any use to you polis.
Bernard
17 Feb 2013 9:27PM
I don't have this issue, but if you have an iPhone or iPad, they have a free app that works well. (Don't know about android but probably). Just in case any mods see this. EPZ IS BETTER Smile
GazzaG2003 11 252 England
17 Feb 2013 9:29PM
I have ie9, win7 and norton and the site came up with no issues for me!
kitz 8 84
17 Feb 2013 10:05PM
No problems with XP and Avast
dcash29 9 2.0k England
17 Feb 2013 10:07PM

Quote:I have TalkTalk and their security set-up
I have the same so it isn't that
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
17 Feb 2013 10:23PM
FF, Windows 8, Windows defender and Windows firewall.

Works fine here too.

Getting slightly off track, as these threads do:
Ordinarily, the very mention of 'Norton' would fill me with dread and the fact that Norton on one machine is blocking it while another is letting it in makes me more so.

Are you both using the same version of Norton?
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2013 10:33PM
No problem here with Malware bytes & AVG. I'm on talk talk as well.
GazzaG2003 11 252 England
18 Feb 2013 9:51AM

Quote:FF, Windows 8, Windows defender and Windows firewall.

Works fine here too.

Getting slightly off track, as these threads do:
Ordinarily, the very mention of 'Norton' would fill me with dread and the fact that Norton on one machine is blocking it while another is letting it in makes me more so.

Are you both using the same version of Norton?

Jester mine is NIS version: 20.2.1.22
18 Feb 2013 12:41PM
I still cannot get into TP, as it is still being blocked by TalkTalk Security - "This site is harmful" I have the option of ignoring their warning and entering, but am not sure if there could be a risk to my laptop. Not to worry though as I spend most of my time on EPZ for photography matters.
18 Feb 2013 1:12PM
I suppose it depends on how much faith you have in TalkTalk security and whether or not you're prepared to believe that this is a false alarm.
You could try installing another reputable AV and disarming the TalkTalk version temporarily and see what the other one thinks.
I've just had another thought. Presumably you're trying to access TP via the home page. Have you considered getting in via one of the forum pages? You'd need a link, I guess but one of us could easily post that for you.
I'm not sure that would make any difference though.
18 Feb 2013 1:16PM

Quote:Jester mine is NIS version: 20.2.1.22

Thanks Gary.
It would be interesting to know which version ensign's using; a different one, presumably.
18 Feb 2013 1:18PM
Only about 3 yrs computer experience for me, so not keen on disarming TT security, and installing another temporarily. Always found TT security reliable. Last night I googled TP, and tried accessing through one of the forum pages, not just the home page, but again the same happened. As I mentioned above, EPZ is my main site for photography, so am not bothered too much.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.