Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

talkphotography forum (in UK)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

polis_928tadw59

Occasionally I have had a look at the above mentioned site. (Shame on me.Sad) I have not visited the site for some months. Tonight I have tried to visit it, the page comes up, but then my security blocks talkphotography, saying "This Site is Harmful. "
Does anyone in EPZ know if they are having problems ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Feb 2013 - 8:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dcash29
dcash29  81904 forum posts England
17 Feb 2013 - 8:51 PM

Doesn't say that for me

polis_928tadw59

dcash29, Thanks for that. Now I am wondering why it is being blocked for me. I have TalkTalk and their security set-up. I have tried 3 times and each occasion the same happened. I will give it another try tonight, and then see what happens tomorrow. It is a warning I am getting. There is nothing to stop me entering TP, but I am advised not to.
Thanks.

ensign
ensign e2 Member 7181 forum postsensign vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2013 - 9:23 PM

My net security flashed up a message that an attck had been blocked. I use Norton. If that is any use to you polis.
Bernard

chrisheathcote
chrisheathcote e2 Member 8240 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
17 Feb 2013 - 9:27 PM

I don't have this issue, but if you have an iPhone or iPad, they have a free app that works well. (Don't know about android but probably). Just in case any mods see this. EPZ IS BETTER Smile

GazzaG2003
GazzaG2003  11252 forum posts England
17 Feb 2013 - 9:29 PM

I have ie9, win7 and norton and the site came up with no issues for me!

kitz
kitz  881 forum posts
17 Feb 2013 - 10:05 PM

No problems with XP and Avast

dcash29
dcash29  81904 forum posts England
17 Feb 2013 - 10:07 PM

Quote: I have TalkTalk and their security set-up

I have the same so it isn't that

Jestertheclown
17 Feb 2013 - 10:23 PM

FF, Windows 8, Windows defender and Windows firewall.

Works fine here too.

Getting slightly off track, as these threads do:
Ordinarily, the very mention of 'Norton' would fill me with dread and the fact that Norton on one machine is blocking it while another is letting it in makes me more so.

Are you both using the same version of Norton?

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2013 - 10:33 PM

No problem here with Malware bytes & AVG. I'm on talk talk as well.

GazzaG2003
GazzaG2003  11252 forum posts England
18 Feb 2013 - 9:51 AM

Quote: FF, Windows 8, Windows defender and Windows firewall.

Works fine here too.

Getting slightly off track, as these threads do:
Ordinarily, the very mention of 'Norton' would fill me with dread and the fact that Norton on one machine is blocking it while another is letting it in makes me more so.

Are you both using the same version of Norton?

Jester mine is NIS version: 20.2.1.22

polis_928tadw59
18 Feb 2013 - 12:41 PM

I still cannot get into TP, as it is still being blocked by TalkTalk Security - "This site is harmful" I have the option of ignoring their warning and entering, but am not sure if there could be a risk to my laptop. Not to worry though as I spend most of my time on EPZ for photography matters.

Jestertheclown
18 Feb 2013 - 1:12 PM

I suppose it depends on how much faith you have in TalkTalk security and whether or not you're prepared to believe that this is a false alarm.
You could try installing another reputable AV and disarming the TalkTalk version temporarily and see what the other one thinks.
I've just had another thought. Presumably you're trying to access TP via the home page. Have you considered getting in via one of the forum pages? You'd need a link, I guess but one of us could easily post that for you.
I'm not sure that would make any difference though.

Jestertheclown
18 Feb 2013 - 1:16 PM

Quote: Jester mine is NIS version: 20.2.1.22

Thanks Gary.
It would be interesting to know which version ensign's using; a different one, presumably.

polis_928tadw59

Only about 3 yrs computer experience for me, so not keen on disarming TT security, and installing another temporarily. Always found TT security reliable. Last night I googled TP, and tried accessing through one of the forum pages, not just the home page, but again the same happened. As I mentioned above, EPZ is my main site for photography, so am not bothered too much.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.