Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

TalkTalk - email. Any problems ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

polis_928tadw59

Have been with them for almost 3 years, and absolutely no problems. 2-3 months back they altered their email format, and since then nothing but problems, at times. Not everyday. Log in first time each day, then try later in the day, and you cannot get into your emails, after success earlier in that day. Phoned them yesterday, and could not really undertstand what I was being told. Phoned tonight, (English person) " All ISP providers, not just TT, experiencing problems." Is that true ? Anyone else having hiccups with the likes of B?, etc.etc. ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 May 2012 - 7:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Kako
Kako  8140 forum posts
9 May 2012 - 7:37 PM

Interesting you have brought this up just now. I've just been checking my Talk Talk email account for email responses from several sources that i would have expected to have been there. Several times checked during today and nothing...Like you I have noticed a massive deterioration in quality of service from Talk Talk regarding emails over the past few months. I'm seriously considering ditching them and opening another operamail email account which is miles better consistently. Even when their service does work it is 'clunky' and very user unfriendly.

robthecamman
9 May 2012 - 7:37 PM

do a search on net for ceo you can get his email addy and phone number call the fella theyr rubbish talktalk and aol as one

Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
9 May 2012 - 7:58 PM

They are getting worse. But complian as if you were leaving them and iv'e just had 3 months line rental and iterweb for free, 3.67 for 3 months phone and internet.even they admit their ****.

Last Modified By Graysta at 9 May 2012 - 7:59 PM
MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93501 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
9 May 2012 - 7:59 PM

...pretty much same as previous post.

robthecamman
9 May 2012 - 8:51 PM

try going into aol but use your talk talk mail address i find they both work in aol

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61192 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2012 - 1:32 AM

I have noticed of late that our monthly bills are increasing and the internet drops out on a regular basis. When they do call they won't speak to me as they will only talktalk!! to my husband. He is rarely at home when they call and last time this happened I got seriously annoyed as how on earth could they know if they were talking to him or any other male person within the household.

steve_p
steve_p  91098 forum posts England
10 May 2012 - 5:57 AM

I finally switched from TT 3 months ago, the Internet had become unusable between 6 pm and 8 pm daily. I had tried to complain but the people at the other end couldn't understand what I was talking about because I was using the phone to talk to them so iinternet must work as well!

pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
10 May 2012 - 6:25 AM

to get the best from a BroadBand contrick, you must know the rules!
talk talk is mainy residential so ALL their bandwidth gets chewed up after school till 9 or 10pm
so IF that is when you want to use it it will NOT BE a good experience!
so in this case look for a small business supplier, as their bandwidth will be idle when you want to use it!
IT might be a bit more expensive BUT guarranteed speeds (ALLOWING for BT! who run the exchanges & lines)

talk talk is **** their call centres ONLY want to do you an 18 month contract, pretend only a 5 router they supply, is good or support!

& with call centres in africa, india and phillipines you get a real sense of care (NOT!)

BUT ask for a mac code (I want out!) & they will sell their granny,
as the last ditch salesmen is in the UK, and they realise you are OFF you get 's off

User_Removed
10 May 2012 - 8:00 AM

Hi, every time i go into my email, my broadband is cut off, i have had this problem for two month now.
PS, i am with talk talk.

dcash29
dcash29  81908 forum posts England
10 May 2012 - 8:59 AM

Sounds about right with Talktalk lately, when I struggle to get into email I use http://mail2web.com

I was experiencing problems with loss of connection which i thought was the router. Last week i'd had enough and really pushed them about the dropped connections. They reduced my tarrif, sent out an engineer that changed the router due to it being faulty and doubled my internet speed after calibrating the line strength.

I lose my phone line at times after midnight for a few hours, although at the moment its ok.

Dave

Last Modified By dcash29 at 10 May 2012 - 9:00 AM
polis_928tadw59
10 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for all the input. TT have been OK for the past 3 years, and the phone calls are mainly free. Our bills are more than reasonable. As I mentioned at the start, there had been no problems whatsover, until they changed the email format approx. 3 months (?) back. After a few days, they then reverted to their original email format. Must have been ironing out problems. They changed back to the new lay-out, and since then these occasional problems have occurred. I will wait and see how things progress.

RogBrown
RogBrown  73006 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

I've been with TT for years but used Outlook Express for email. I've recently started using TT (AOL) email with no real probs, but I can't find a way to block senders. Am I missing some thing obvious?

polis_928tadw59
11 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Looks like TalkTalk has settled down over the last 2 days, and now no problems at all. As regards blocking senders, Rog, I cannot help you there.

pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
11 May 2012 - 1:06 PM

suggest YOU dont use their TT email: get a proper email pop3 box
they change their rules to suit, It was good (I used to use it on site and I could import all my mails to it!)
then the got mumpy and screwed it over!
BUT the next time they wind me up I am off! lodsa deals around!

(IF YOU are really that tight) use gmail all bundled up with G+ best used on androids anyway

BUT there is nothing LIKE a proper email makes you look good anyway!
configurable & spam mail can be drastically reduced!

2k or 3k PLUS of camera kit and wont spend 30 pa on a proper domain!
so is that silly?
Tongue

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.