Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

TalkTalk - email. Any problems ?

4 Jun 2012 9:25PM
TT are known as one of the worst ISPs in the UK. Stay clear if you can

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
4 Jun 2012 9:44PM

Quote:TT are known as one of the worst ISPs in the UK. Stay clear if you can

That's an interesting comment as, in my experience, they are fantastic. Totally reliable, very inexpensive and very, very fast broadband.

I "inherited" TalkTalk when they took over Tiscali. They enabled me to totally ditch BT who, as everyone agrees are pure sh1te. The odd thing is that TalkTalk use BT lines.

But I get my phone line rental, unlimited 24/7 telephone calls to all UK, all Europe and most international (USA, Canada, Australia etc) numbers, and blisteringly fast broadband with complete reliability all for about 24 per month. To me that seems good value - the only extras I would pay for if I used them would be calls to some mobiles and to premium rate numbers.

Having said that, I can't comment upon the topic that started this thread - their e-mail service - as I don't use it and can't imagine why anyone else would. I use a standard POP3 e-mail set-up, with Thunderbird as my e-mail client (over my TalkTalk line, of course).
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2012 9:54PM
TT/AOL are absolute crap
davewaine 7 115 3 England
5 Jun 2012 6:01PM
TalkTalk has divided opinion for years and it shows little sign of changing. Speaking for myself, I have no complaints. My broadband is fast and reliable, my phone works when I need to make or take a call and the bill is very reasonable. I know of other people, however, who have had terrible service. I really have no idea why this should be. They have been around long enough now to have their teething troubles well and truly sorted.
IFIMAGE 6 143 Wales
19 Aug 2012 1:51PM
I've been with AOL for 11 years, I have mates on all sorts of isp's and deals. The one thing Aol is good at is email, so can't help much here. You are welcome to my tips on getting deals with them, try to get the shortest contract possible and for broadband only, unlimited download, and the fastest speed your telephone exchange can handle. Also at peak times all ISP's will throttle you back and reduce your speed including AOL go on-line at 3am and see. I was on a contract of 18 months 8mg unlimited all for 12.99, in that time I had problems with slow speed I would contact them and it would be fine for a few weeks and so on. My price had gone from 12.99 to 25.98 over the full term of the contract, as the letter stated VAT and market trends an extra 2.5% vat and a lot for AOL! Now out of contract I have something to work with contact the disconnect team and and ask the for a "Mac Code" and that you want to leave, they will ask you why, don't go into how bad they are etc, tell them you are being offered loads of deals, they will ask for the best price you have been offered, loads of offers should be what you say and no more be strong on this point! Last Wednesday I did this and I now have up to 10mg broadband speed, I live in a village and our internet will only ever run at 6MB so fine there, unlimited download, with two teenage lads that's important , a 12 month only contract and an updated modem for free" they are not worth much but free is free all for 9.99 a Month. Cheers Ian..
7 Dec 2012 6:59PM
I am getting fed up with the krap service, which does not :

1. Email does not Connect every time.
2. Email Attachments do not open.
3. Can not understand the people on the phone in the Customer Service Centre.
4. When you have a line problem they try their own check on the line
and say there is nothing wrong, when there is.
5. When my contract finishes in 8 months, they will not be seeing me again.
dcash29 9 2.0k England
7 Dec 2012 7:03PM
If anyone is having problems. Go through to retentions, they can sort any issues and they are in the UK.
8 Dec 2012 5:37PM
Aren't TT one of the most complained about ISP's in the UK?
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
11 Dec 2012 6:48PM
All I know is , that when we were having connection issues, back in Feb/March of this year, AOL told me in no uncertain terms, that they were not going to refer the issue to Openreach

Why, I do not know

They were ditched ASAP, though they ripped me off on the cancellation charge, which I thought I had sorted out

Definitely not on my X-mas card list

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.