Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

TalkTalk Broadband. Any problems today (8th) ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

polis_928tadw59

Anyone else in EPZ who has TalkTalk broadband suffered any problems today ? I was unable to connect from 1.30pm until just after 4.30pm. Prior to 1.30pm I had been on the web for about an hour with no difficulty. Everything seems to be working fine now. I phoned TT to see if there had been a 'breakdown' with broadband, but as usual the call to the call centre was not worth the effort.

And also, I find that EPZ is running slowly today.

Anyone experiencing similar problems ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Nov 2013 - 5:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman
8 Nov 2013 - 5:38 PM

left t/t a few years ago for plusnet never looked back

polis_928tadw59

I had a relative who used plusnet, but he became disgruntled with them, and changed to TT.

pocoyo
pocoyo Junior Member 2 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2013 - 6:09 PM

Depending on what router you have they do have an update for some TT routers .Only a thought

polis_928tadw59

pocoyo, Yes, your suggestion makes sense. We have had this router for 4 years, or so. I have seen similar suggestions to yours in articles saying to contact your ISP for a new and free router on the grounds of loyalty. Will give that a try. As regards buying one myself I would not know where to start.

dcash29
dcash29  91920 forum posts England
8 Nov 2013 - 6:31 PM

Quote: Anyone else in EPZ who has TalkTalk broadband suffered any problems today ? I was unable to connect from 1.30pm until just after 4.30pm. Prior to 1.30pm I had been on the web for about an hour with no difficulty. Everything seems to be working fine now. I phoned TT to see if there had been a 'breakdown' with broadband, but as usual the call to the call centre was not worth the effort.

And also, I find that EPZ is running slowly today.

Anyone experiencing similar problems ?

Why am I not surprised. Im leaving TT due to their crappy service

monstersnowman

Ive had immense problems with TalkTalk for ages ... Poor speed, dropouts, etc have just received their new black router free of charge with no commitment and its back up to speed and running fine.

polis_928tadw59

monstersnowman, Thanks for that. We are only 0,2 miles from the telephone exchange, and have never had any real problems until yesterday. After the debacle of yesterday afternoon, things seemed to be going fine yesterday evening, then again I lost all connections. The same again this morning, nothing at all to start with. I have switched everything off, router, telephone micro filter; pulled out all cables and plugged them back in. Looks like it is now working 100%. I am blaming it on the wife. She did a bit dusting the other day - I think she uses a cloth tied around a hammer !

As regards your new free router which no. did you phone at TT ? I might give that a try, after all the new routers must be more advanced than our current one, which will be just over 4 yrs old.

On the TT page I have checked speeds etc., and the results are OK.

monstersnowman

We are very close to our exchange 0.8 miles and the problems started quite suddenly after not having many problems, so you may be lucky and find the solution is a new router. I ordered it by logging onto my account on their site - i dont talk to Talk Talk unless i can help it as their operators in New Delhi are worse than useless. Hope you get it sorted. If i have any more issues i am leaving ...

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61195 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2013 - 10:22 PM

I ditched the router from TalkTalk and got a very nice Netgear one from that large shop on the out of town shopping centre. TalkTalk routers were pretty rubbish, overheated and ran like treacle on sandpaper! I have not had any particularly bad experiences with the service TalkTalk provides and don't think they are worse than any of the others.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
10 Nov 2013 - 9:54 AM

Quote: I ditched the router from TalkTalk and got a very nice Netgear one from that large shop on the out of town shopping centre. TalkTalk routers were pretty rubbish, overheated and ran like treacle on sandpaper! I have not had any particularly bad experiences with the service TalkTalk provides and don't think they are worse than any of the others.

We did exactly the same thing and didn't have any problems at all after installing a new good quality router.

polis_928tadw59
10 Nov 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thank you all for your input. It looks like the problem may be the router. It crashed again yesterday. Rang the helpline and what an experience. They try to be helpful, but the clash of accents (Indian and Geordie) did not help, even though I was on the phone for almost 30 minutes; and nothing was resolved. They asked me to monitor the situation for 24 hrs and then get back to them !!!
I have been trying multiple things this morning but again without sucess. Windows tried various repair modes, and finally suggested switch off router, unplug the power cable to the same, wait at least 10 secs, then connect power and switch the router back on. Bingo. But having done that 2-3 times yesterday, it seems to me to point in the direction of a faulty router.

monstersnowman
10 Nov 2013 - 1:40 PM

Which router have you got? If you havent alteady got the new black one, 3680 or 3780 I believe, you may aswell upgrade anyway and get a new faster one. You dont have to sign up or commit to any further contract so its worth doing whatever is the issue. It takes a few days to arrive.

peterjones
peterjones  123995 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Nov 2013 - 3:50 PM

You have all the symptoms of our old faulty router which we replaced a week ago with a Netgear N600 Dual Band: 99 from Curry's/PC World, we couldn't find it cheaper online, you might be able to; anyway, whatever, it cured all our problems immediately despite being lumbered with Talk Talk Broadband however will change over soon.

Peter.

polis_928tadw59

Thanks for the last two posts, and silly me, I have never mentioned the model of router. It is the DSL 2640R, which as I say is over 4 yrs old. After posting earlier today, and visiting other sites, it again crashed. I also have a Sony Ericsson phone (W995) which I can connect by wifi in the home, but as that too would not connect, that was the reason I was suspecting the router.
I have emailed TT (following monstersnowman's advice earlier) to see if they will supply me with a more modern router.
Other than that I will also be searching for independent routers.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.