Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

TalkTalk e-mail hacked

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
User_Removed
18 Nov 2012 - 3:44 PM

Quote: I bet all your 'Digita and Computer Experts ' who tell me to buy 'Computing for Dummies ' could never load a Paterson Spiral with 120 film or develop FP4+ in ID 11 1+1 dilution !

Love it.

Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Nov 2012 - 3:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pentaxpete
18 Nov 2012 - 3:51 PM

I went to that 'link' and downloaded the Norton Power Erazer and it found only one 'bad' thing -- photoshop .exe shortcut -- so it removed the 'shortcut' but now I can't find my Photoshop 7 to USE now anywhere -- how do I get it back ? !! ( I searched in 'All Programs' and it is not there any more. )

Jestertheclown
18 Nov 2012 - 4:02 PM

Go into your 'C' drive and find and open the folder marked 'Programme files,'
In there will be a list of folders containing everything that's installed on your machine.
Open the one marked 'Photoshop 7' (or whatever its full name is.) In there, amongst a load of other stuff, there will be a desktop icon. Very carefully, copy and paste it to your desktop. Be sure not to touch anything else while you have it open.
Close everything back up and the new desktop icon should open PS7 for you.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 18 Nov 2012 - 4:02 PM
pentaxpete
18 Nov 2012 - 5:43 PM

Once again thanks for your help == I got my lovely PhotoShop back again !! Well, I had a long talk with a friend who 'knows' Computers and he had a look at everything but when we tried to get into my Talktalk e-mail account to change password there was a message saying I could not change the password -- my friend said talktalk had probably 'frozen' my e-mail -- after a long wait I finally got through to Talkltalk by telephone and the man said that YES they had a report my e-mail had been hacked and the phone call I had asking me to open my e-mail was probably a fraud -- but I assured him I had not given out any ' personal details' then he said Talktalk e-mail was 'down' with an 'outage' -- I wondered why when I checked I could not send or receive anything - it's been out since Friday evidently -- well, I will see what happens now -- all those 'strange' accounts have been deleted off my e-mail settings now.

davewaine
davewaine  7115 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
19 Nov 2012 - 6:15 AM

[quote]could never load a Paterson Spiral with 120 film or develop FP4+ in ID 11 1+1 dilution/quote]

I could, but I thought Jobo made the better tanks and I preferred Tri-X. As for TalkTalk, I received an email, purporting to be from them last week, informing me that as I had recently changed my password (I hadn't), I would have to verify my payment details otherwise my phone, Internet and TalkTalk TV accounts would be suspended. Oddly enough, my phone still works, I am entering this post over my Internet connection and I was watching some TalkTalk TV only yesterday. I deleted my emails.

robthecamman
19 Nov 2012 - 9:02 AM

i ditched talktalk a year ago much happier now though it cost me financialy.service with them will never improve its all talktalkSmile

User_Removed
19 Nov 2012 - 10:53 AM

Quote: . As for TalkTalk, I received an email, purporting to be from them last week, informing me that as I had recently changed my password (I hadn't), I would have to verify my payment details otherwise my phone, Internet and TalkTalk TV accounts would be suspended. Oddly enough, my phone still works, I am entering this post over my Internet connection and I was watching some TalkTalk TV only yesterday. I deleted my emails.

That's not a problem with TalkTalk. Every day I get "phishing" e-mails like that from cretins pretending to be from internet providers, retailers, banks, online services, etc., that I never use and never have. Those morons work on the basis that if they send out 100 million e-mails to random recipients, then maybe 100,000 will be people who actually use the provider/bank/service or whatever they are pretending to be and, of that 100,000, a couple of dozen might be naive enough to click on their phishing link and provide ID and password details. The "your account has been suspended" or "you must update your details" approaches seem to be the most common.

I know a lot of folk on here hate TalkTalk. Personally I "inherited" them as a result of Tiscali taking over my ISP and then TalkTalk taking over Tiscali. I then switched my telephone line to TalkTalk from BT a few years ago to take advantage of their "phone line rental/super-fast broadband/free national/international 24/7 phone calls all for 24 a month" package. I have been absolutely delighted with the fantastic service I get from them (but hasten to add that I don't use their e-mail service - I use Thunderbird on a POP3 account from my webspace provider - 1&1).

pentaxpete
21 Nov 2012 - 1:14 PM

I DID get a 'Computer Expert ' to look at my 'Gateway e-machine' one ( I also have this older 'TIME ' computer ) and he deleted all those 'strange' Accounts in my e-mail I mentioned leaving only MY one -- now the Talktalk e-mail on THAT Computer will not work any more -- I get a box coming up about the server cannot find my mail !! So I am using the older machine and OUtlook Express works \OK on this one ! -- I DID change my Talktalk password though !

User_Removed
21 Nov 2012 - 5:23 PM

Pete,

No harm in changing your password. Some security-conscious folk do it routinely every so often or even use auto password generators. Probably important not to use the same password on several services and, of crucial importance, never click on any link within any e-mail you receive - even if it purports to be from your best friend.

Good Luck.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.