Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Tamrac bags-repairs

redstag e2
9 100 14 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2009 10:35AM
Has anyone had any experience of getting a Tamrac bag repaired. I bought an expedition 7x last summer and one of the zips has broken on the memory card pocket. I like the bag (though it is very heavy) but I'm not sure whether to take it back to the retailer or to go direct to Tamrac in the UK?
Any stories would be helpful.

Thanks
Jon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

shaks
12 561 1 Tokelau
11 Oct 2009 3:12PM
Have you tried contacting them direct?

Their US web site says you should return it to wherever you originally purchased it ( here ).

UK contact details here .

Fingers crossed.
icphoto e2
13 1.5k England
11 Oct 2009 4:14PM
Hi, I had an Expedition 5 on which the strap started to come loose. I contacted the importer direct and they replaced the bag free of charge.
redstag e2
9 100 14 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2009 5:00PM
I'll contact the importer then. Thanks for the advice.
Jon
20 Oct 2009 11:32AM
Hi there. I experienced the same as you but my zipper broke on the laptop compartment which is not as bad as yours. The laptop compartment has two zippers.

I was told to return my 7x to where I had bought it. How did you go by the way?

Joe

Quote:Has anyone had any experience of getting a Tamrac bag repaired. I bought an expedition 7x last summer and one of the zips has broken on the memory card pocket. I like the bag (though it is very heavy) but I'm not sure whether to take it back to the retailer or to go direct to Tamrac in the UK?
Any stories would be helpful.

Thanks
Jon

redstag e2
9 100 14 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2009 4:28PM
Joe, it went well, I bought mine from Castle cameras in Salisbury. They sent it off for repair within 10 days I had a call to say it would be replaced! Result, I now have a fully functioning new bag.
Jon

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.