Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tamrac bags-repairs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    redstag
    redstag e2 Member 8100 forum postsredstag vcard United Kingdom14 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2009 - 10:35 AM

Has anyone had any experience of getting a Tamrac bag repaired. I bought an expedition 7x last summer and one of the zips has broken on the memory card pocket. I like the bag (though it is very heavy) but I'm not sure whether to take it back to the retailer or to go direct to Tamrac in the UK?
    Any stories would be helpful.

Thanks
    Jon

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Oct 2009 - 10:35 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

shaks
    shaks  12561 forum posts Tokelau1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2009 - 3:12 PM

Have you tried contacting them direct?

Their US web site says you should return it to wherever you originally purchased it (here).

UK contact details here.

Fingers crossed.

Last Modified By shaks at 11 Oct 2009 - 3:13 PM
    icphoto
    icphoto  131340 forum posts England
    11 Oct 2009 - 4:14 PM

Hi, I had an Expedition 5 on which the strap started to come loose. I contacted the importer direct and they replaced the bag free of charge.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    redstag
    redstag e2 Member 8100 forum postsredstag vcard United Kingdom14 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2009 - 5:00 PM

I'll contact the importer then. Thanks for the advice.
    Jon

dreamery
    dreamery  4
    20 Oct 2009 - 11:32 AM

Hi there. I experienced the same as you but my zipper broke on the laptop compartment which is not as bad as yours. The laptop compartment has two zippers.

I was told to return my 7x to where I had bought it. How did you go by the way?

Joe

Quote: Has anyone had any experience of getting a Tamrac bag repaired. I bought an expedition 7x last summer and one of the zips has broken on the memory card pocket. I like the bag (though it is very heavy) but I'm not sure whether to take it back to the retailer or to go direct to Tamrac in the UK?
    Any stories would be helpful.

Thanks
    Jon

redstag
    1 Nov 2009 - 4:28 PM

Joe, it went well, I bought mine from Castle cameras in Salisbury. They sent it off for repair within 10 days I had a call to say it would be replaced! Result, I now have a fully functioning new bag.
    Jon

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.