Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tamron - Nikon AI adaptor

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    snapbandit
    snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Sep 2008 - 9:24 PM

Has anyone seen/used/have any info (useful preferably!) on these adaptors;
    CAMPLUS

I am looking for an adaptor to fit my Tamron MF SP lenses to my D200, the existing Tamron AD2 mount ( AI-E ) has packed up & it is very difficult to obtain the correct Tamron one.

specifically, if anyone has used or has one of the above adaptors;
    Is it for fitting the old MF adaptall (2) lenses to Nik DSLR ?
    &
    There seems to be no aperture connection as far as I can see, so, does it keep the lens in 'stop down' mode for metering/shooting?

my friend (Google!) has not come up with any relevant information & I've had no reply from emailing the seller, so thought I'd check if anyone here has any experience with them.

Many thanks for any info

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Sep 2008 - 9:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314811 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Sep 2008 - 9:34 PM

I`ve got one its yours if have an Om mount adapter Smile

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    snapbandit
    5 Sep 2008 - 9:49 PM

Quote: I`ve got one its yours if have an Om mount adapter

Cheers, Must have a search through my old OM stuff in the attic, I used to have 5 or six of them (OM) when I had the Oly Kit (OM1, 2, 2sp & 4), but i think I let everything go as a job lot many many moons ago Sad

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62426 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    6 Sep 2008 - 9:31 AM

I have never used one.
    It is possible an "old technology" Tamron adaptor could interfere with some of the AF contacts on modern AF-s lenses and even on an AF D lens - I do not know. As far as I know the Tamron adaptors were AIS - needed for compatibility on a D200.
    Providing your Nikon lenses have an aperture ring (eliminating over 50% of the current Nikon line up) the D200 has a custom function to enable the aperture to be set using the aperture ring on a lens that has one.

snapbandit
    6 Sep 2008 - 9:56 AM

Quote: I have never used one.
    It is possible an "old technology" Tamron adaptor could interfere with some of the AF contacts on modern AF-s lenses and even on an AF D lens - I do not know. As far as I know the Tamron adaptors were AIS - needed for compatibility on a D200.
    Providing your Nikon lenses have an aperture ring (eliminating over 50% of the current Nikon line up) the D200 has a custom function to enable the aperture to be set using the aperture ring on a lens that has one.

Did you actually read my original post Leonard?, Wink
    I have been using Tamron SP Manual focus lenses with my D200 for a couple of years now, the adapter has packed up (although I may have actually got it working again & will be testing it today), the adaptor is to fit Tamron Adaptall 2 manual focus lenses to Nikon Dslr which have the function to allow manual & Aperture priority mode metering. Not to fit Nikon Lenses to the camera (as they tend to fit anyway!).

Tamron made a few different adaptors for Fitting their lenses to Nikon Cameras (e.g. AIS, AI & AI-E)
    Smile

Snapper
    Snapper  93690 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Sep 2008 - 10:02 AM

Sorry if I'm going a bit off topic here Joe, but there is an Adaptall website that is looking for photos of all the different mounts. Your AI-E is a new one on me, so even if you don't get it working again the website might appreciate a photo to help others?

Now back to the question ...........

snapbandit
    6 Sep 2008 - 10:10 AM

Quote: Sorry if I'm going a bit off topic here Joe, but there is an Adaptall website that is looking for photos of all the different mounts. Your AI-E is a new one on me, so even if you don't get it working again the website might appreciate a photo to help others?

Now back to the question ...........

I'll take a couple of snaps of it later, when I get home from work & send them there. The AI-E adaptor seems almost identical to the AI adaptor but without the 'prongs', & a lot harder to find!!.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314811 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Sep 2008 - 7:20 PM

Looking at the link, those adapters look like there for the original tamron lenses and pre adaptal 2. The adaptal 2 mounts have quite a few intricate moving parts.

Pm me your address and I`ll mail it of to you, you`ll get more use out of it than me Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.