Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tamron 18-270mm 365 road test

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

jeanjosephchezmoi

Quote: I have just gone the whole of this thread and seen all the photos. I'm new to photography i have a Pentax kr which i got just before xmas. It's amazing to see that all these phots were taken with one lens !!! I have just been trying to get a close up tonight of the keys on my keyboard with the kit lens but to no avail. Maybe it's me maybe it's the lens but when i see this lot i think maybe a lens like this would do me for a good long while rather than buying a Macro and then a wide angle and then a telephoto !!!

Great stuff David and thanks for posting all those pic's your talent and the lens have been wonderful for me to see as a newbie to this game. Grin

Bloggs - So far as I am aware Tamron do not make this lens for your Pentax - it replaced the 18-250 which did fit Pentax and most cameras. The 18-270 [with image stabilisation] is for only Nikon and Canon SLRs - Canon/Nikon do NOT have image stabilisation like your Pentax and many other SLRs. However, Pentax have a highly acclaimed 18-135 [cost to the discerning eye 309] which is worth considering and Sigma produce an excellent 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Lens - Pentax Fit - for 399.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jan 2012 - 7:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Bloggs
Bloggs  2313 forum posts England
6 Jan 2012 - 7:45 PM

Thanks for the info here Jean , very interesting for me i shall go and look up these lens and consider them when i decide to purchase thanks again for your help and advice Grin

jeanjosephchezmoi

Bloggs - Corrrection to my earlier comment about the Tamron 18-270 for only Nikon/Canon - it is also produced with a Sony fit. That will not do much for you but there are excellent alternative options as I pointed out.

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93443 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jan 2012 - 2:40 PM

-dsc8765.jpg

Brewing storm

-dsc8778.jpg

A colourful send-off

-dsc8793.jpg

Rose

-dsc8798.jpg

Scott's View

-dsc8833.jpg

Neighbourhood watch

-dsc8877.jpg

Hoober Observatory

Hopefully now I can start to get back to normal again. It's been a stressful month for sure.

Just found out that I've got a copy cat blogger out there who has decided to do the same thing (at least he's citing my efforts though), which is interesting. Found it while gong through my traffic sources.

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93443 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 5:44 PM

-dsc8944.jpg

Sunrise/ Moonset

discreetphoton
12 Jan 2012 - 10:56 PM

-dsc8966.jpg

Playing with parallax

-dsc9112.jpg

Sprotbrough Weir

mikehit
mikehit  46147 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2012 - 9:43 AM

That Sprotborough shot is awesome !The contrast between the turbulence of the weir and the dead-calm of the water behind it, along with the lighting really make it eye-catching. I am not usually impressed by 'milky water' shots but this is one where it really works for me.

On you r bog you say "This was done with a bit of sensor dodging, so no filters used. ". What is 'sensor dodging' - is that a fancy term for combining exposures?

discreetphoton
13 Jan 2012 - 10:50 AM

Nope, it's a fancy term for waving mittened hands in front of the bright bits like a muppet while the shutter's open. Looks stupid, but works a treat! The weir had about 30 seconds, but the yellow area might only have got 2 seconds.

Thanks very much Mike, I'm glad you like it. I've got another example of the technique coming as well.

mikehit
mikehit  46147 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2012 - 11:23 AM

Ah... a cheapo grad filter then Grin
Thank you for the explanation

discreetphoton
13 Jan 2012 - 12:26 PM

-dsc9176.jpg

Trailer trash

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54203 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2012 - 12:29 PM

I like the sensor dodging technique. Must try that. Something we used to do in the darkroom to adjust exposure, but I've not thought of doing in in front of the lens. Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jan 2012 - 12:53 PM

Your technique is working well David. One thing I still haven't tried...One of our other members, Tony Prower called it his magic cloth technique

discreetphoton
13 Jan 2012 - 1:09 PM

Cheers. I saw that article not long after I started doing it (I was looking to see if others were doing the same thing). There seems to be a slight difference, in that Tony is using a linear approach, rather than a spot approach. Obviously though, his are more impressive, so I've got some work to do! I also need to find my remote again so that I can break the 30 second barrier. I think that's my major hurdle at the moment.

Last Modified By discreetphoton at 13 Jan 2012 - 1:09 PM
discreetphoton
15 Jan 2012 - 9:51 PM

-dsc9271.jpg

Stargazing

-dsc9283.jpg

Cutting edge

Last Modified By discreetphoton at 15 Jan 2012 - 9:51 PM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54203 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 9:12 AM

Two excellent shots, especially the Cutting Edge. I'd never have thought of using the long end of this lens for a close up!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.