Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Tamron lens not focusing and got fee error on my D7000

Hello,

I am using a Tamron 200-500mm on a D7000. Since a few weeks I have been having trouble with the lens. Using another Nikor lens does not give any problems with the same body.

I am getting a f33/fee error if a turn the lens too much clock wise. Also sometimes I cannot use autofocus, the motor seems to spin step by step which takes for ever to focus.

What to do???

I live in Costa Rica in the jungle, only monkeys here and I have already asked them..

Thank! Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

26 Mar 2013 8:53PM
It sounds like a hot sweaty place. Have you tried storing the lens in a plastic bag with some silica gel. Perhaps the contacts have moisture in them.
icphoto e2
13 1.5k England
27 Mar 2013 4:48PM
Make sure that the lens is set to its smallest aperture setting and lock it there if it has a locking device. Check that lens is set to AF, clean the lens and body contacts.
Railcam e2
8 484 Scotland
27 Mar 2013 6:12PM
The "fee" error is when the aperture ring on the lens is not set to its smallest aperture (highest f number). As icphoto says, it can usually be locked in that position.
aperture ring is at smallest value locked of course Smile
I'm very sad as I love this lens:

http://bit.ly/100JHSR

Can't find anything online and no repair shop close by...
icphoto e2
13 1.5k England
28 Mar 2013 11:36AM
Just in case it is the camera body (although I doubt it) take the battery out and leave it for a while, and/or do a factory reset of the camera, if that does not work, and other lens combinations work on the body I suspect your lens may be faulty. SadSad
just had the lens in a bag of rise (not touching the rice..) for 24 hours. didn't help.
Camera works well with other Nikor lens so I guess that's not it. Will do the battery trick to make sure.

any other suggestions?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.