Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

tap or bottle

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 42373 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
19 Feb 2013 - 9:24 PM

If I'm out and about I will buy bottled but if at home......council pop does the trick!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Feb 2013 - 9:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk
puertouk  21073 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2013 - 10:00 PM

We drink bottled water with 8 litre bottles which cost us 1. The water here is high in calc, but certain parts you can get water from huge underground reservoirs through taps, but can't be bothered doing that.

thewilliam
19 Feb 2013 - 10:31 PM

For drinking, we put tap water through a Brita filter. When out and about, we take refilled bottles.

MrGoatsmilk
19 Feb 2013 - 10:38 PM

Any water as long as it has hops and barley in it

studioline
20 Feb 2013 - 5:31 AM

Apart from the Oestrogen in tap water, the stuff is perfect. I drink tap water as am too lazy to change but hey the amount of female hormones in tap water is quite high. I'm quite sure that the level of hormones will be enough to affect some people and not others etc....

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2013 - 8:12 AM

Quote: Apart from the Oestrogen in tap water, the stuff is perfect. I drink tap water as am too lazy to change but hey the amount of female hormones in tap water is quite high. I'm quite sure that the level of hormones will be enough to affect some people and not others etc....

Finally. The real cause of man-boobs is revealed....

Wink

Last Modified By joolsb at 20 Feb 2013 - 8:30 AM
jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
20 Feb 2013 - 8:18 AM

You can sell anything with the right marketing technique. Manufacturers know this and the ad agencies pander to their whims.

Below are two links that confirm my long-held suspicions about bottled water which looks to have become little more than a fashion statement over the years......bit like the ubiquitous bottle of fizzy pop carried by so many young people now -

http://www.rd.com/health/rethink-what-you-drink/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/9484130/Tesco-...

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102290 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2013 - 10:21 AM

I come down on the side of tap water. That said I'm not at all happy that many areas have fluoride put into their drinking water without their consent.
The amount of Fluoride in drinking water may or may not be very harmful but I think it is appalling that governments allow/encourage our drinking water to be tampered without giving the public any choice. The argument that fluoridated water helps to prevent teeth decay is no excuse. In my opinion, if you want to look after your teeth, there is plenty of fluoride in tooth paste and it's up to parents to educate their children about this - and not to consume so much sugar...Sad

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2013 - 10:47 AM

Tap water all the way. Like Focused though, I won't drink tap water from a public toilet.

The only bottled water we ever buy is if we want some sparkling stuff and can't afford champagne.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2013 - 11:23 AM

Bottled if were abroad.......Otherwise filtered tap water, our local water company seem to be rather keen on the chlorine, so much so that you can taste & smell it.

thewilliam
20 Feb 2013 - 9:24 PM

The best water that I ever tasted was from a burn that feeds one of the Speyside distilleries. There might have been a decomposing sheep a few yards upstream but it did taste wonderful.

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
20 Feb 2013 - 10:46 PM

Quote: ......but it did taste wonderful

The sheep? Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.