Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tattoos on women - why? In God's name, why?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

THUNDYBUM
THUNDYBUM  529 forum posts England
25 Apr 2009 - 1:56 AM

sorry to start off strong.
im new to your pages but have been with camera for22 years,and covered most subjects.
i like wildlife and glamour and have clicked many a roll on both matter..
but over the last years more and more you see lovely looking women bugger there femininity totally by having graphiti puntured into there skin.......aghhhh
perfect looking girl nice face soft skin firm bust slim
bang ruddy great ink splat on her arm lovely
strippes on her stomach with half a tonn of metal hanging out of the middel of them jessss.
the number of models approached for work turn up and our survey says sorry im intransition to becoming a borg off star treck....
time money wasted
and try now to find a non buggered about model they now have become weird by number reduction...
and to round up and invite your oppinions.
saw pearl harbour the other day damm there was no guess work in those days girls/women liked looking good looking dont you think? men were men women were women not an experimental hybrid of the two together.anyway what do you all think?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Apr 2009 - 1:56 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

PSILVERMAN
25 Apr 2009 - 2:39 AM

Each to their own!

User_Removed
25 Apr 2009 - 6:47 AM

I think, I hope, we have come a long way from the time when a woman's body and appearance was expected to conform to the expectations of men with a particular tastes.

As 'glamour' tends to represent an unflattering stereotype of women I would say it's a good thing that you are finding it hard to get subjects.

(Have I just been trolled? Smile )

stolzy
stolzy  83753 forum posts7 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2009 - 6:55 AM

I just uploaded a picture of a girl with the most amazing tatoo I ever saw. Its a dragon design and covers her whole back. It certainly wasn't a spur of the moment thing - took 4 hours a week for almost 4 months.

I like some tatoos, when they are done well.

I don't think that everyting a woman does is necessarily designed to increae her attractivness to men. Any more than this is true for men.

i don't have a problem with women doing whatever they want to their bodies for their own motives and their own interpretation of aesthetics.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014406 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2009 - 7:05 AM

Tatoos aren't a problem, it's when they stick things where they're in the way that bothers me.

User_Removed
25 Apr 2009 - 7:23 AM

Quote: it's when they stick things where they're in the way that bothers me

You mean like when they leave the vacuum cleaner in the middle of the floor?

NexusImages
NexusImages e2 Member 71844 forum postsNexusImages vcard United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2009 - 9:09 AM

Welcome to the site Richard,
I see all those years at Charm school have finally paid off Wink.

Quote: A bigot is a person who is intolerant of or takes offense to the opinions, lifestyles or identities differing from his or her own, and bigotry is the corresponding attitude or mindset.

If the cap fits....

User_Removed
25 Apr 2009 - 9:24 AM

I hate tatoos on women. Ok if they have a Donkey jacket on, digging up the road but it's not for me I'm afraid.
(And I thought I was the only one!)

Gerry.

SteveCharles
25 Apr 2009 - 9:36 AM

I find tattoos on women quite sexy, but it has to be the right tattoos on the right women...

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2009 - 10:07 AM

I have no problem with tattoos on women, if they are done well. Had a model turn up once and told me she had a tattoo, quite surprisingly it was, imho, very nice linky.

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 25 Apr 2009 - 10:07 AM
keith selmes
25 Apr 2009 - 10:15 AM

Can't see the point of tattoos at all.
Seems odd if women copy something that men do that doesn't make a lot of sense to begin with.

Quote: we have come a long way from the time when a woman's body and appearance was expected to conform to the expectations of men with a particular tastes.

Isn't that what the tattoos are for though ?

(Have to admit to a half recollection that it has been traditional in some cultures)

mohikan22
mohikan22  102185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2009 - 10:15 AM

no problems at all with tattoos on women. the only ones i wouldnt be over fond of is faces on peoples arms/legs etc. they just look odd. BUT any other tattoos are good with taste.
matt.

User_Removed
25 Apr 2009 - 10:38 AM

Quote: we have come a long way from the time when a woman's body and appearance was expected to conform to the expectations of men with a particular tastes.

Quote:
Isn't that what the tattoos are for though?

The comment particularly relates to the opinions of the OP - the implication that he expects women to conform to his particular taste.

I would still question that idea that women are choosing tattoos purely on the basis of what they think a man may find attractive - some may be, but I suspect for many it is about their own self image - and may even be a statement of independence from what men expect of them.

I think, on balance however, that following Freja's lead and discussing bigotry rather than tattoos might be more productive. Wink

Last Modified By User_Removed at 25 Apr 2009 - 10:41 AM
collywobles
25 Apr 2009 - 10:52 AM

If thats what they want, personally I quite like it, however I would stop at Mild & Bitter being tatood on their Boobs.

A very old lady went to the doctors and he asked what the bruise was on the back of her right shoulder (alternatives belly, back, boob). She said "Oh, thats not a bruise, it's my Celtic Cross" Dadh Dadh!

Last Modified By collywobles at 25 Apr 2009 - 10:52 AM
uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2009 - 11:04 AM

Each to their own

What does amaze me though is the cost to them.

A good tattooist can charge anywhere between 50-100 an hour and say something that size that Stolzy showed can take up to 10 hours to complete (very much depending on the pain barrier of the person and skill/style of the tattooist). So are talking good money here... AND if you want to get it removed then a lot more dosh is needed.

Personally I like some and many have an emotional reason for the person who has them. I do think some are OTT but then thats my opinion.

As for me, I would need one that constantly changes, as I would get bored of it Smile So unless I ever see something that appeals to me then I wont be getting one.

Tommy

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.