Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tell it how it is......

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 10:51 PM

After some discussion about people pussyfooting around with their comments, we've created a group where people who want the blunt, honest truth can get the negative feedback they need to grow.

To join in...

1 - join this group
2 - go to the group page and click on the "Photos" link
3 - upload a photo - by doing this you are agreeing to have curt, brutal and honest negative feedback on what is wrong with the shot.
4 - open other photos in the "Photos" section and write down what you think is wrong with each shot. Be straight to the point, but don't be out and out "rude".

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Aug 2010 - 10:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

steve_kershaw
12 Aug 2010 - 10:57 PM

5 - dont drink and post

ade_mcfade
12 Aug 2010 - 10:58 PM

....judging by the lack of comments so far, I think a few ales may ease this one along Wink

Snapper
Snapper  93657 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
12 Aug 2010 - 11:11 PM

OK, I'm in. Feel free to .............

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2010 - 7:00 AM

Quote: 5 - dont drink and post

LOL

I'm in, might take a while for comments to come - think longevity not short term Grin

benlee
benlee  346 forum posts United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2010 - 7:18 AM

Great idea - I'm in and I've uploaded a photo too.

gonzalito
gonzalito e2 Member 4gonzalito vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2010 - 9:02 AM

I am going to love this Grinlol

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 94035 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2010 - 9:05 AM

I'm in, think this one is a good idea.

User_Removed
13 Aug 2010 - 9:57 AM

Great idea.

I only noticed this-morning, from another thread, that some groups have voting allowed on images but that it's an option when the group is set up.

Ade - No one has voted in this group, because it's not really the point - should the option be removed? Smile

Ian-Munro
Ian-Munro  6200 forum posts Wales15 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2010 - 10:26 AM

lol just joined and there are so many people I want to join this groupWink

ade_mcfade
13 Aug 2010 - 10:31 AM

Quote: Ade - No one has voted in this group, because it's not really the point - should the option be removed?

I'll disable it if I can find the setting Smile

Just ignore it for now though !

ade_mcfade
15 Aug 2010 - 7:08 PM

I think it's probably best if people keep the brutal comments to the shots in group gallery, not in the main galleries Wink

Just thought it worth mentioning Wink

SteveCharles
15 Aug 2010 - 7:50 PM

Ade, you said in the 'Progression' thread:

Quote: just to clarify - the "tell it how it is" thread isn't really about detailed critique - it's just telling people what's wrong with a shot. No need for a balanced view, no need to offer advice, no need to critique - just tell people what you think is wrong with the shot.

I think that's a bit limiting. Fun, yes, but limited in long term appeal. I don't see why brutal honesty and constructive critique should be mutually exclusive. I see this group as a sort of 'hardcore critique gallery', where members can still give advice but with free reign to speak their mind bluntly.

Thoughts, anyone?

keith selmes
15 Aug 2010 - 8:01 PM

When I looked in at the group, I thought it was being used pretty much as Steve says.
The rationale of just saying whats wrong is a bit limiting, though it makes some sense as a basic theme.

Jestertheclown
15 Aug 2010 - 8:06 PM

Quote: I see this group as a sort of 'hardcore critique gallery', where members can still give advice but with free reign to speak their mind bluntly.

I see it going that way, I think I said something along those lines in another thread and that's how I see it panning out at the moment.
Whilst no-one's holding back with their opinions, people are tempering that with advice in some situations and personally, I think it's a great idea and it's working out really well.

I do think also though, that as Ade's said above, that we need to be sure to keep our more, shall we say "realistic" opinions within the confines of the group.

Jester.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.