Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Tell it how it is......

ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
6 Aug 2011 12:44PM
Come on peeps - the fire's going out and needs some new fuel throwing on it (i.e. photos uploading)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
10 Aug 2011 7:47PM
Just bumping this, come on, what are you all afraid of Smile
Eviscera e2
8 1.1k 149 United Kingdom
11 Aug 2011 12:03AM
Perhaps you need to re-define the groups purpose and the criteria / expectations to get it moving ?

The "bullet point" idea is sound , but needs the sandwich.

Something along the acceptable lines of ,

"Thats a bug ugly model , crap processing , blown to bits , dofs all wrong , etc"

Then a nice cop idea ,

"Perhaps if you tried this , blah blah"

erm
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
11 Aug 2011 12:43AM
Hehe, no holds bared literally Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
11 Aug 2011 9:34AM
I'm more into the "shot bullet point" approach too, Stuart likes a longer, considered approach

it's a case of "do what you want to do" really.

The main thing is to give an honest appraisal of the shot - be it blunt and short, long and fluffy, bullet points or whatever.

Maybe its my time in the CG, but I do tend to offer improvement advice... .though that's optional, the CG is there for that. This is more a "what's wrong with my pic" kinda vibe
11 Sep 2012 11:55AM
Hello AllSmile
My name is Melanie and I am new to the site and new to the group, but am enjoying it all so far! It seems a bit quiet here...and perhaps a wee confusing but I have uploaded a few photos and would like feedback as well as giving some. I am somewhat of a newbie but shall get the guts to 'say it how it is'. I am very much an artist in many ways and have a great eye as well as modeling experience so i do know a bit about lighting and composition as well. I know what I like and do not like and struggle to say it how it is so am hoping this group does me some good. Have a good day xx Melanie
blastedkane 9 66 2
17 Dec 2012 1:09PM
Hi all, new to the group but been observing on the site for some time as a non paying user - now have fully subscribed.

Now I know I am opening myself up for torrents of abuse by saying this, but I love the idea of this group as I get really frustrated with seeing substandard work that has a ton of "Great Shot", "Lovely" "Great Lighting" comments and that have 100' of votes after it where the lighting clearly does not flatter the subject. However I don't feel able to go after 20 "Great Pic" comments with an honest critique. for me I would like to use this group to display some of the work that I really like but that has not got a response on the main site in order to "learn". I may have been doing photography for a long time, but you never stop learning and i believe that the only way to improve is to have an honest discourse with people that know what they are talking about.

I have a caveat to this. shout if you disagree, but if you are going to critique an image then please listen to the response (as long as it is not whiney). For example If I decide to create an image "In Camera" with multiple flashes on 1 exposure, then by all means give me advice on changing my layers in photoshop, but if I then say that I was trying to do something old school and do it all in camera then please don't continue to talk about photoshop. DOes that make sense? rant over

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.