Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tell it how it is......

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Jestertheclown
29 Jul 2011 - 11:00 AM

Quote: well yeah - but you can also bung in the awards into that too,

True enough, I guess.

Not sure how many of us would fall into that category though!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Jul 2011 - 11:00 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014779 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2011 - 11:36 AM

sure everyone has the odd shot they think is really exceptional now and then Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2011 - 11:50 AM

Quote: Sure everyone has the odd shot they think is really exceptional now and then

There is nothing like putting those shots to any sort of commercial test, e.g. even just by submitting them to a photo agency, to bring a sense of reality though!

It would be interesting to see how the photos of out-of-focus blue tits, with 100+ votes, fared! Grin

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53581 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2011 - 11:56 AM

I like how this group forces you to spend longer looking at both the picture and think how you might have taken it. This is i think one of the best learning areas on epZ.
I particularly like reading other peoples comments and seeing how they vary from my own ideas for the shot.
I like that as long as you explain why you don't like it you can be quick and to the point, not wrapping up comments in cotton wool

I think this group is also great for our "disapointing response photos" as it might help us pick up on an area we missed, or just help realise the viewing audiance is transient and varied.

Sometimes i feel i'm missing out on the normal critique required uploads, but then i remember how often these can upset people if you don't spend long enough with the cotton wool wrapping.

Cheers Ade and All contributors Smile

Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81102 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2011 - 6:09 PM

Quote: It would be interesting to see how the photos of out-of-focus blue tits, with 100+ votes, fared!

Right on CB !

Are we allowed to copy and paste those images into the group for a more erm , "reasoned" critique ?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014779 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2011 - 6:17 PM

.....hmmmmm, would be amusing, but probably would end up with people leaving the site again Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2011 - 6:19 PM

Quote: Are we allowed to copy and paste those images into the group for a more erm , "reasoned" critique ?

Hmm... I suspect the mods would crack down on that like a ton of bricks! Wink

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2011 - 6:29 PM

Quote: It would be interesting to see how the photos of out-of-focus blue tits, with 100+ votes, fared!

Fun, but frowned on I think Smile

Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81102 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2011 - 6:36 PM

Oh well Sad

Guess things will stay the same then .

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315163 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jul 2011 - 8:51 PM

Quote: It would be interesting to see how the photos of out-of-focus blue tits, with 100+ votes, fared

Much the same I should imagine, certainly better than the sort of bird pics I put up Smile

Quote: Hmm... I suspect the mods would crack down on that like a ton of bricks!

I hope not, you would have to re-name the group Sad

dvdrew
dvdrew  10 Australia1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2011 - 11:49 AM

100th group member!!! Woohooo go me!!!

ade_mcfade
1 Aug 2011 - 11:37 PM

hooray

ade_mcfade
4 Aug 2011 - 4:59 PM

Come on people - get some shots uploaded to the group, it'll just end up with Paul and I flooding it, and you really don't want that to happen Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315163 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2011 - 10:53 PM

Quote: it'll just end up with Paul and I flooding it

And abusing each other Smile Smile

ade_mcfade
6 Aug 2011 - 12:41 PM

......some would pay to see that Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.