Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Tell me what you think of this beginner...

m0bster 12 4
9 Aug 2002 3:37AM
Tell me what you guys think. These are just three of the photo's that I have and just uploaded. They are found just down the road from where I live in SC.

Any thoughts? Anything I can do different? Just got the Oly 3020 for my first REAL digital camera (had a sony Mavica that loads with the floppy disk...) and I set out to take some interesting pics. I really want to become good and take some awesome pics, but I know it takes shooting a LOT! Anyway, tell me what you think and dont flame me too bad

http://community.webshots.com/album/46226442DLDwnO

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

railton 12 304
9 Aug 2002 5:13PM
Unfortunately your link doesn't work, just a referal to the Webshots homepage when I tried it. John.
m0bster 12 4
9 Aug 2002 6:16PM
the link worked fine for me when I just tried it, John. Can you try it again? Thanks for looking.
Digital1 12 93
9 Aug 2002 11:51PM
Hi Mobs

The link does work.

I thought it was a good start and an eye for a subject is there. It just needs to be a bit more original as these subjects have been done to death so try to find a new perspective or slant on it. Try looking at the church from a new angle. look in the grounds and see if you can find something to make it more distinctive or unusual.

Good start so keep it up.

Baz
railton 12 304
10 Aug 2002 10:40AM
O.K. had another go and link worked fine, in addition to Baz comments converging verticals don't normally work and can spoil the overall look of a building as in the first picture so try and make sure your camera is level. I like the sign, well spotted, but the wire fence gets in the way as presented here. Perhaps a different composition to include the fence in a less intrusive manner if you think it is an integral part of the scene or stick the lens through the fence to get rid of it. I can see you are experimenting with your new camera, reflection, which is good, but one for the bin perhaps? John.
28 Aug 2002 7:17PM
Sorry to say I also had no luck with the link,
just a note to say it had been moved.
raymed 12 21
1 Sep 2002 10:16PM
Link worked fine for me. Why no colour in your pictures? Whatever. I think your church is good for what it is; the sign as someone noted, was well spotted, but if were possible it to get closer you could perhaps have eliminated some of the wire.

Just keep shooting, anything and everything. You'll get good shots eventually.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.