Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Test event (or is it group or meet??) - 17/10/2011

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2011 - 8:50 AM

Our logic was simple also. Create a group - MEET on line, using the group you've created as the centre focus of your activity (online) post pics chat, create diary events etc. The only difference (in our mind) with meetings was you actual physically met, so the group (or some of that group) went on a meeting, and then wrote about it or put up pics etc. There's is no real difference, apart from virtual or physical.
Is because you're so used to a system that was in place?
There's a vital step that will all become clear when it's added, but it's taken longer than expected to sort. As David's explained we had to do one before the other could be added or we would be wasting time totally recoding. It will become clear soon
We have taken all the points about the system down and what I'd like to do (once the new step and elements of your feedback over the last six months are in place) is hold a chat room session so we can iron out any areas that still need attention.
Bear with us a little longer

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Oct 2011 - 8:50 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2011 - 2:48 PM

With respect Pete there is a difference. Some GROUPS like the Southeast Group MEET regularly, so they have meets within their group. But plenty of other events/meets are one-off and not based on groups.

A big sticking point for it seems many on this thread is the fac that different versions of the same pic are uploaded and exist on the site with different URLs - if you could at least fix that it wouldbe going somewhere.

Quote: Is because you're so used to a system that was in place?

it's because we're so used to the system that was in place and worked perfectly well...

I'll bear with you Smile

Stephen

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014144 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2011 - 5:54 PM

Quote: There's is no real difference, apart from virtual or physical.

Conceptually perhaps and maybe the way you store the data is similar but in use there is a lot of difference.
A meet should be able to exist as a one off event without a group.
Old meets should disappear after a while.
It should be easy to see what events are coming up near me.
It should be easy to setup a meet (without needing a group).

Quote:
Is because you're so used to a system that was in place?

Nope - it's because this system makes absolutely no sense at all.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96308 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2011 - 6:18 PM

Sad

Quote: what I'd like to do (once the new step and elements of your feedback over the last six months are in place) is hold a chat room session so we can iron out any areas that still need attention.

Surely it would be more logical to have the chat room session before you implement the changes.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64439 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2011 - 6:33 PM

I agree with everything Lobsterboy said above for what it's worth.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014144 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2011 - 7:20 PM

Quote: I agree with everything Lobsterboy said above for what it's worth.

It's worth loads to me Chris Wink

lobsterboy
29 Oct 2011 - 7:41 PM

Quote: Surely it would be more logical to have the chat room session before you implement the changes.

But then all that would happen is people would repeat the complaints in this thread.
The team have gone off to code up an interpretation of what is needed, till we see what they have produced we can't really comment usefully about the proposed solution.

Goggz
Goggz  72301 forum posts Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
29 Oct 2011 - 9:33 PM

Pete, I don't understand what it is that you are coding that needs no explanation, but requires us to cross our fingers and hope...

Please give us more than a hint, so we can tell you if it's something that we think is going to be an improvement over the conceptual disaster that is SPOREaMSnGUdET

Tooth has described the concept of meets and groups perfectly on page two of this thread. Why can't it be so Simples as to work...

Juliee
Juliee  8382 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
30 Oct 2011 - 11:24 PM

I totally agree with all the grumblings in this thread!

-The groups and meets should be SEPARATE.
-There should be ONE discussion thread linked to the meet page.
-There should be ONE set of comments on photos, whether they're linked to a meet or not.
-Commenting on a thread SHOULD NOT automatically make you part of a group

Quote: Have to agree. I gave up ages ago.

Me too, life's too short Sad

JJGEE
8 Nov 2011 - 10:37 PM

Quote: -There should be ONE set of comments on photos, whether they're linked to a meet or not.

It appears that the comments have now been consolidated into one section... that is the Gallery / Group event tabs have gone Smile

Last Modified By JJGEE at 8 Nov 2011 - 10:37 PM
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
9 Nov 2011 - 9:07 AM

Thats correct, we just implemented that change yesterday.

Goggz
Goggz  72301 forum posts Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
10 Nov 2011 - 6:19 PM

Excellent! A step in the right direction...

Cheers, Goggz

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2011 - 1:32 AM

What Goggz said....small steps will get us there Smile

Thanks team

Stephen

JJGEE
30 Nov 2011 - 5:40 PM

Ah well.

We now have people setting up an Event just to inform us that there is No Meeting ( Event ) ! !

See 27th December 2011

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2011 - 6:40 PM

LOL, just looked at that. Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.