Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Tethering D610 to compatible tablet

14 Nov 2013 2:52AM
Is there a list of tablets which will recognize a Nikon camera for tethering? I'm looking for an Android but might also be interested in a Widows tables. Some I have looked at will not recognize my D610. Some USB issues I think.

Thanks

Don

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Dave_Canon 8 918 United Kingdom
14 Nov 2013 10:11AM
I have been looking into using a Tablet to control my Canon EOS 5D Mkii using remote software. It appears that this area is very unclear with so many variations of tablets and Operating Systems. Very few of the software suppliers will guarantee that all camera models will work in all circumstances. Some of them do publish lists of cameras which they believe are OK though they cannot guarantee with every Tablet. I am particularly interested in using Helicon Remote and originally was considering an iPad Mini but this is not supported. In fact only CamRanger is the only software remote control package for DSLR's that I have found that runs on an iPad but it is very expensive. So I plan to go for a Tesco's Hudl (Android) with Helicon Remote which has the focus stacking and HDR capture features I need. Most of the software appears to only support Canon and Nikon DSLR's and then only a limited range so you need to check. To be honest, I am relying that one person on a forum claims he has successfully run Helicon Remote on a Hudl to control a 5D Mkii. If you are just looking to general tethered shooting, you may find things a little easier and more choice and may even be able to find some free software for Windows platforms.

Dave
15 Jan 2014 1:39PM
Have just ordered a TP-Link TL-MR3040 battery powered wireless router. Hoping to get it working, wirelessly, with my Nikon D600 after seeing an article on diyphotography.
Will report back on success, or failure.
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
15 Jan 2014 2:21PM

Quote:Have just ordered a TP-Link TL-MR3040 battery powered wireless router. Hoping to get it working, wirelessly, with my Nikon D600 after seeing an article on diyphotography.

That's what I use. I'm hoping to do some timelapse with it using the DSLRDashboard app.
21 Jan 2014 1:37PM

Quote:Have just ordered a TP-Link TL-MR3040 battery powered wireless router. Hoping to get it working, wirelessly, with my Nikon D600 after seeing an article on diyphotography.

That's what I use. I'm hoping to do some timelapse with it using the DSLRDashboard app.

Are you using a Nikon or Canon camera?
Nick_w e2
7 3.9k 99 England
21 Jan 2014 1:44PM

Are you using a Nikon or Canon camera?

I think the Nikon D600 may be a clue Wink

For software I use this , its free and does everything you will probably want (I use on an old laptop). It can do timlapse, triggered movement, astro, focus stacking, and HDR (at non standard evs too)
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
21 Jan 2014 5:28PM
Can't speak of the Nikons, but I can connect my Canon cameras to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with no bother, I did have to get USB conversion cable to allow me to do it. Picked this up on Amazon for a couple quid. Software wise look up Helicon Remote on Androids Google Play which gives more details and will tell you what USB conversion lead you will need.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.