Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Thai Boxing

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Carrera_c
    Carrera_c  5256 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Dec 2010 - 2:19 PM

I plan to be covering a Thai Boxing event this weekend. It will be the first time I've ever tried any sport photography of this type. I foresee a few challenges:
    First there's the ring, do I keep a distance to include the ring in my shots, or do I get closer and shoot from in between the ropes? From a distance I'd have to use my 70-300 lens which is a bit slower so I would have to rely on the D700's high ISO ability to keep the shots sharp. I'd also have to contend with the audience for a good view. Close up I will be able to use my faster 24-70 F2.8 or my 50mm F1.4, but with the fast pace of the fights I may struggle to focus and shoot as the fighters can move around very quickly and very randomly.

Has anyone ever done this type of photography before? Do you have any advice from previous experience?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Dec 2010 - 2:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Britman
    Britman  81669 forum posts England
    4 Dec 2010 - 11:26 AM

Ive done a few boxing events. Always get up close, shoot from between the ropes but never use flash. I can't see Thia being any different. Don't forget setting white balance. Good look, would nice to see your results.

Carrera_c
    Carrera_c  5256 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Dec 2010 - 10:28 AM

Well I got up close, almost a little too close. Was shooting from between the ropes and had to retreat back a few times as the fighters got a little too close, one fighter nearly fell through the ropes at one point. Got some really nice shots, will upload a few over the next couple of days.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.