Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Thank heavens for camera phones?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139450 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2011 - 3:19 PM

Short article and slideshow by a Press Association photographer here.

Seems his camera phone photos were syndicated worldwide.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Nov 2011 - 3:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

laup
laup  3 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2011 - 3:39 PM

You can get some great instinctive images using your camera phone. Add a little tweaking on photoshop and you can images that can be reprinted and framed. I often walk about town taking images on the huff.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2011 - 3:42 PM

I'm not sure I would call camera phone images 'instinctive'. Normally a fair amount of thought has to go into getting them into camera mode in the first place. Smile

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2011 - 3:57 PM

Instinctive may indeed be the wrong word - I'd say that a camera phone allows you to make use of unexpected photo opportunities.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012604 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2011 - 4:04 PM

Think on this occasion it allowed him to do his job without getting beaten up! Not sure if thats a good thing or a sad indictment on our society.Sad

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2011 - 4:06 PM

Good point. In this particular case he had good reason to be inconspicuous, but of course that's a sad state of affairs.

Fluke
Fluke  659 forum posts Wales
2 Nov 2011 - 4:20 PM

MY HTC Desire is utter rubbish, my old Sony Ericsson 800i was better. So I just bought a Canon P&S for 100, fits into a shirt pocket - not bad but still nothing compared to even a cheap DSLR with a kit lens.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139450 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2011 - 4:45 PM

People generally seem increasingly sensitive to being photographed by strangers. There may come a time when a camera phone becomes an essential piece of equipment for certain types of photography.

The 12Mp camera on my Nokia N8 is not bad but, like all camera phones, suffers from lack of optical zoom.

I have, once more, started to carry a pocket camcorder rather than a compact stills cam.... it does 16Mp stills as well, albeit on a 1/2.3"sensor, which are good enough for web use.

MrGoatsmilk
2 Nov 2011 - 7:51 PM

Quote: MY HTC Desire is utter rubbish, my old Sony Ericsson 800i was better. So I just bought a Canon P&S for 100, fits into a shirt pocket - not bad but still nothing compared to even a cheap DSLR with a kit lens.

Which Desire do you have I have the Desire HD and find it very good.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2011 - 8:05 PM

I sent my Desire HD back cos the sound was rubbish. Went for an iPhone instead but the sound was rubbish on that too. Then realised I hadn't taken the film off both the cameras.....Wink......liked the HD but am equally really pleased with iPhone 4.

MrGoatsmilk
2 Nov 2011 - 8:07 PM

Quote: I sent my Desire HD back cos the sound was rubbish. Went for an iPhone instead but the sound was rubbish on that too. Then realised I hadn't taken the film off both the cameras.....Wink......liked the HD but am equally really pleased with iPhone 4.

That's quality lol

Just keep an eye on the single button on the front of the iPhone a few I know have them and they have started to fail.

BTW Have you tried the Songify app? I wish it was on Android.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2011 - 8:12 PM

No what does it do?

MrGoatsmilk
2 Nov 2011 - 8:21 PM

Quote: No what does it do?

Basically it's this without the video.

Have a look at the other videos such as Backing up

Then there are the covers....

Backing up cover here

And my fave cover is this one

You record your own voice then it auto tunes it to music

Have fun

Last Modified By MrGoatsmilk at 2 Nov 2011 - 8:22 PM
CathyT
2 Nov 2011 - 8:38 PM

Ooh, looks like fun , can you choose the music? I fancy a cypress hill hip hop type tune. I'll take a look

MrGoatsmilk
2 Nov 2011 - 9:21 PM

Think it has some free ones with the free app, and a few others you can buy. But it's good fun with the ones provided. It works well if you speak and change the pitch of your voice.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.