Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Thank you for holding...

answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2004 5:56PM
... we are extremely busy at the moment... blah blah, if I hear those words again I can quite easier punch something! 2 weeks after getting the equipment from BT for broadband I still cant connect. Calls to 50p a minute 'technical' support. Several calls to BT broadband faults, several e mails which take days to get a response and then they put the wrong phone number in it and the web page link doesnt work. One call tonight to faults left me fuming and I'm pretty laid back most of the time, customer service? telephone manners? ability to deal with anything other than tieing his shoeslaces nah?!! And he cut me off when I dared to suggest it might be better talking to someone who knew what they were doing. Upto two more days wait now before they can test the line, oh yes and I have to leave the BT modem plugged in while they do it, whenever they get around to it in the que, cant give me a time of course! Rant over, feel better now, sorry.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andytvcams e2
12 10.4k United Kingdom
13 Oct 2004 6:00PM
Whoops,and i was going to ask have you had a good day!!.
answersonapostcard e2
13 Oct 2004 6:10PM
LOL! Its been pants but the last hour has been great so I'll hang onto that!! Wink
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
13 Oct 2004 6:27PM
The chairman of BT was on Business Lunch today, and he talked a wonderful game! Every single customer is important to us, one upset customer is one too many blah, blah, blah! You'd have been impressed! I have to say, your tale does not surprise me, they have a pretty miserable record where customer care is concerned. Hope your problem is resolved soon, it will be worth the wait! Best thing since sliced bread. I've been on 2 years now and recently was setting up a friends 56k connection in Spain, God, it seems painfully slow.
You'll be flying before you know it!

Frank
mark a. e2
10 920 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2004 6:32PM
Dear answersonapostcard,

Thank you for your post. We have received it, and will try and get back to you within 3 business days.

In the meantime, may we direct you to a website where you will be able to find answers to many of the most popular questions to do with badgers.

Regards,

The BT Broadband team.

Please note: This is an automated response. This is because our computers are a lot better value for money than the humans employed here. In the future, please do not try to actually contact us, as we can't be bothered and we're useless.
tiptoe e2
10 267
13 Oct 2004 6:36PM
I know this is a bit off topic but it is about BT and it's something that has saved me a lot of money on phone calls.
I use a service from www.call18866.co.uk.
you have to have a BT line and you still pay your line rental to BT but all calls made using the suffix 18866 save you money.
A call anywhere in the UK is just 1p to connect and after that the call is free.
Calls to the USA landlines AND mobiles are 1p per minute and they have the same sort of rates all over the world.
Check it out - what have you got to lose - I've been with them about a year now and highly recommend the service.
M♥
rictac2 e2
10 150 England
13 Oct 2004 6:55PM
Bad luck, K, I sympathise having just completed my delayed move to beautiful Shropshire and waiting over 2 weeks for bband..at least when the BT engineer finished the work he let me know and then I was connected within 2 hours. But I did have to spend hours on the phone to get it all to happen in my lifetime, apparently.
Glad the day got better.
lol mark
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
13 Oct 2004 7:01PM
If you wish to leave a message on this thread, please press the * key now.
If you do not have a * key........tough.
Badger e2
12 4.7k 20 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2004 7:19PM
K, go straight to the top. Send a letter of complaint to the Chief Executive, Ben Verwaayen or e-mail him on ben.verwaayen@bt.com, it may be an idea to include Alison Ritchie, the Chief Broadband Officer.

Detail the events including times and dates, length of calls or time on hold, any names where possible. It generally gets much better attention. It's also useful to CC it to the media, such as a few newspapers and even Watchdog.

HTH
Matt
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2004 7:29PM
windows or mac K???
answersonapostcard e2
13 Oct 2004 7:33PM
ooh Matt, do you know what I'm going to be doing first thing tomorrow Wink. Thanks all. Fred Windows.
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2004 7:38PM
pap -- wheres the prob with connecting
answersonapostcard e2
13 Oct 2004 7:40PM
No dial tone fred. First they said the filters could be faulty, both of them, checked the computer (yep they blamed that) checked the line, even said today that the modem could be faulty - hey?! Faulty equipment they are sending out - whatever happened to quality control checks? Oh yes and now my wiring could be faulty but I'm responsible for that because they didnt fit it, actually they did, its a BT socket!
lordposh e2
10 45 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2004 7:52PM
any joy yet K, I had the same problems eariler this year I ended up buy my own filter(5-6) and that did the trick dont normally recommend PC World but you may be able to pick up one there..

Roger
answersonapostcard e2
13 Oct 2004 8:12PM
I refuse to buy my own filters seeing as I'm (well I might be but at this rate doubtful) paying them 20 a month ;-(

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.