Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Thanks but...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Stmarkus
    Stmarkus  1 Puerto Rico
    14 Sep 2013 - 8:24 PM

While I appreciate the help and critique I might receive, I prefer not to have my photos modified. Can someone tell me how I might opt out of this, also how might I include the settings data that people ask for.

Thanks,

Mark

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Sep 2013 - 8:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82332 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Sep 2013 - 8:36 PM

Hi Mark,

When you upload an image there is an option to select to allow modifications (it's a little check box if I recall correctly). You need to make sure that the box isn't checked if you don't want Mods.

Adam

Graysta
    Graysta  91135 forum posts England
    14 Sep 2013 - 8:36 PM

I think if you search the site for these items you will find the guidance you need.
    Photo settings -- gallery settings ect

Last Modified By Graysta at 14 Sep 2013 - 8:38 PM
    saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43954 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Sep 2013 - 8:46 PM

Hi Mark. You are uploading your images to the Critique Gallery. This choice automatically includes modifications being enabled. It cannot be opted out of.
    The reason for this is that the volunteers in the dedicated critique team like to be able to show you what they talk about, rather than just explain it. They find it time saving and more informative than just describing what they think.

You have a couple of options. Continue to load to the Critique Gallery, but in the image description mention that you do not want modifications, or alternatively, upload to the regular gallery where you can choose whether or not to enable mods.

The 'exif' information is embedded in the image files and includes ISO, shutter speed, aperture setting and metering mode, etc. You can include this info during the upload process together with the camera and lens details.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 14 Sep 2013 - 8:47 PM
    Stmarkus
    Stmarkus  1 Puerto Rico
    14 Sep 2013 - 8:53 PM

Thanks very much the explanations. By the way as a newbie, I can't express just how much I truly love this site, and the friendly interaction that so far has been my experience! Thanks again, to all!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.