Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Thanks but...

14 Sep 2013 8:24PM
While I appreciate the help and critique I might receive, I prefer not to have my photos modified. Can someone tell me how I might opt out of this, also how might I include the settings data that people ask for.

Thanks,

Mark

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2013 8:36PM
Hi Mark,

When you upload an image there is an option to select to allow modifications (it's a little check box if I recall correctly). You need to make sure that the box isn't checked if you don't want Mods.

Adam
Graysta e2
9 1.1k England
14 Sep 2013 8:36PM
I think if you search the site for these items you will find the guidance you need.
Photo settings -- gallery settings ect
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
14 Sep 2013 8:46PM
Hi Mark. You are uploading your images to the Critique Gallery. This choice automatically includes modifications being enabled. It cannot be opted out of.
The reason for this is that the volunteers in the dedicated critique team like to be able to show you what they talk about, rather than just explain it. They find it time saving and more informative than just describing what they think.

You have a couple of options. Continue to load to the Critique Gallery, but in the image description mention that you do not want modifications, or alternatively, upload to the regular gallery where you can choose whether or not to enable mods.

The 'exif' information is embedded in the image files and includes ISO, shutter speed, aperture setting and metering mode, etc. You can include this info during the upload process together with the camera and lens details.
14 Sep 2013 8:53PM
Thanks very much the explanations. By the way as a newbie, I can't express just how much I truly love this site, and the friendly interaction that so far has been my experience! Thanks again, to all!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.