Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

That wasn't what I was expecting!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2012 - 6:21 PM

Quote: What about Wish You Were Here?

Hmm. I quite like Shine On.. but don't much like the rest of it. I felt it was all becoming a bit too formulaic by then as they tried to surpass DSoTM. The psychedelic stuff was, for me, when they peaked especially Disc 1 of Ummagumma.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Aug 2012 - 6:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314900 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2012 - 6:57 PM

Quote: I felt it was all becoming a bit too formulaic

I found that with U2, I preferred there stuff prior to The Joshua Tree.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014446 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2012 - 7:05 PM

And now for something completely different;Wink I like all of the Eagles' old stuff, and when Hell Freezes Over was released, I got the DVD, and it is one of my favourite albums. They seem to have gotten better, especially Hotel California, even though the sound crew screwed up the positions of the sources on the live album, the one I have. You guys heard of the Eagles', haven't you?Wink

Last Modified By StrayCat at 28 Aug 2012 - 7:05 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314900 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2012 - 7:18 PM

Quote: I like all of the Eagles' old stuff

Long road out of Eden I found to be a great album, and this did not disappoint Smile

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xiu766_eagles-long-road-out-of-eden_music

StrayCat
28 Aug 2012 - 8:26 PM

Oh yeah!!!Grin

Paul Morgan
29 Aug 2012 - 6:25 PM

Ex Floyd member Roger Waters album "Amused to Death"

Listen to it end to end, defiantly one for the collection Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS35PVNzpOk

StrayCat
29 Aug 2012 - 7:59 PM

When I bought a top end stereo system about 25+ years ago, I did a bit of research to find the best quality DVDs from that era to do some tests, and the one that was rated the best technically, and I also rate it up there for other qualities, which makes it still my all-time favourite album; Famous Blue Raincoat by Jennifer Warnes. The songs were written by Leonard Cohen, and she came out of retirement to do the album to help him financially at a loww period in his life.

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92971 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2012 - 10:07 AM

I noticed that the Blue Raincoat on Vinyl is fetching around 300

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72143 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2012 - 10:48 AM

There were moments for me on the last couple of Led Zep LP's that weren't so good - mainly down to Plant's vocal.
I agree about the Honey Drippers being a breath of fresh air though - very playable.
Pink Floyd were at their finest for me with Syd Barrett, and although I like the later 'long-track' LP's, found they lacked the dynamic appeal that Syd added.

The first major dissappointment I encountered was as a 14yr old, after hearing 'Sylvia' and 'Hocus Pocus', by Focus, and buying the LP 'Hamburger Concerto'. This was not what I was expecting.... lol
I sold it to a local hippy a week later.

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2012 - 12:34 AM

Rod Stewart was brilliant with the Faces then Every Picture, Gasoline Alley etc..

then he started wearing pnk trousers and singing girly ballads...

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2012 - 2:42 AM

OK - obscure mediaeval folk-rock..here we go. Gryphon produced a couple of early albums where it "did what it said on the tin", then they got sucked into rock-jazz-mediaeval-experimental-fusion...spiralling up their own a**e

Genesis IMO think survived Gabriel's departure with kudos with Trick of the Tail, and it could be said it was refreshing, as the" Lamb lies down" had probably brought them to the edge of a cliff in terms of theatrical pomposity.

Wind and Wuthering signalled the downhill spiral for me after that (though many may disagree...)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.