Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The 6 Killer Apps of Prosperity

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.
collywobles
7 May 2013 - 8:51 AM

Quote: the only thing they did to incur the wrath of the US was to take Bin Laden's much-needed money and allow him to stay in the country

........... and allow terrorists to train their martyrs...........

Quote: Bin Laden is Saudi, as are most of the Al Qaeda hierarchy yet Saudi Arabia remains untouched by US sanctions

...... of course and we all know why!..........

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 May 2013 - 8:51 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 92218 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
7 May 2013 - 9:29 AM

Quote: I think Niall's reasoning is right on the money.

We'll have to agree to differ on that one, Denny Smile

I see the real problem for Cuba as having been caused by the fact their existence has been controlled by the blockades and other appalling treatment by the US and the USSR.
I may be biased, but I simply have little respect for most of the views of Niall Ferguson - or anyone else who supports the unfettered Free Market. I think Ferguson is just a media junkie: The lovely Marylin Monroe liked to flirt with the camera - fair enough she was an actor - I see Ferguson flirting with the camera too - an actor...but he's not supposed to be.Sad

Quote: but it was the culture in Afghanistan/Pakistan that led to the mind set of those that did that terrible deed.

Bin Laden is Saudi, as are most of the Al Qaeda hierarchy yet Saudi Arabia remains untouched by US sanctions - and as for the 'benefits' of liberation....don't get me started when it comes to Saudi Arabia.
The Taliban themselves had no real interest in things outside its own borders and the only thing they did to incur the wrath of the US was to take Bin Laden's much-needed money and allow him to stay in the country. Yes they were ideological cousins but Taliban had no impetus in pushing its agenda outside to foreign soil.

Absolutely! It's nice to agree with you again, Mike! Wink

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014213 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
7 May 2013 - 8:48 PM

Quote:
Yes they were ideological cousins but Taliban had no impetus in pushing its agenda outside to foreign soil.

For the time being Mike; first the women and girls, and who knows what would be next for that lot of perverted cowards, maybe boys.Smile

Last Modified By StrayCat at 7 May 2013 - 8:49 PM
thewilliam
7 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Wasn't it the Taliban that shot the Pakistani girl in the head because she insisted in attending school and refused to be warned off? And was in Pakistan that rather than Afghanistan?

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45772 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
7 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

Yes, but their treatment of women isn't why the US invaded the country.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014213 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2013 - 7:41 AM

They held public executions in a soccer stadium, soccer was banned, and the place was packed. I remember seeing one where they shot a woman in the head for sex with another woman.

I know Mike, they invaded Afghanistan to keep Al Qaida out, instead of blowing the country off the face of the earth. I still say Tony Blair helped prevent a nuclear attack by the US.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.