Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The 7th Annual Epz Epping Forest Trip - 31/10/2010

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014002 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2010 - 8:30 PM

I am pleased to announce the 7th Annual Epz Epping Forest Trip.

As is now traditional this will take place on the day the clocks go back. This will be a chance to capture some of the Autumn colours and if the mushroom gods are with us, plenty of fungus shots too. FAQs are below

What are the details?
Date: 31st October
Time:10:00 Though some may opt for an earlier start

Nearest Post Code CM16 5HW
WGS84 51.679410 0.068650

Directions:
Leave the M25 at junction 26 (Waltham Abbey) and follow the signs to Loughton.
At the roundabout by The Old Orleans restaurant take the 1st exit on to the A104.
After about 500meters on the left you will see a road with a height barrier over it, Park there.

Nearest Tube:
Theydon Bois (Central Line)

What things that will be useful to bring?
Camera & gear
Waterproof boots (it will be muddy)
Waterproof sheet to lay on
Packed lunch and drink as we may end up far from civilisation at lunchtime.
A sense of humour.

What will it be like ?
A write up of the first meet can be seen here and in The Book.

Chris

To view more details regarding this members' meeting, click here.

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 4 Oct 2010 - 8:32 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Oct 2010 - 8:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014002 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
5 Oct 2010 - 9:48 AM

Well thats a surprise - 6 of us signed up already Smile

StuartAt
StuartAt e2 Member 91030 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Oct 2010 - 12:29 PM

I've been watching the announcements every day waiting for it! Superb day out last year, and the company wasn't too bad either!

f8
f8  109169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
5 Oct 2010 - 3:24 PM

Hope to be there again this year,should be good.

sdb
sdb  6108 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Oct 2010 - 5:10 PM

I hope to be there as well. Last year was very enjoyable!

JJGEE
JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2010 - 5:53 PM

Long time since I have been to Epping Forest, 1976 in fact.

Not the same week-end as the Sussex Autumn meet this year so I may find my way round the M25. Will I need a passport to get into Essex from Kent via the Dartford Tunnel Wink

Not really into fungi but are there interesting tree bark / tree roots, decaying logs etc ?

lobsterboy
6 Oct 2010 - 7:33 PM

Quote:
Not really into fungi but are there interesting tree bark / tree roots, decaying logs etc ?

Should be plenty of that. Generally people are free to do their own thing, I just act as a gude so that we don't lose too many people in the forest.

StuartAt
StuartAt e2 Member 91030 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2010 - 10:12 PM

Nobody got lost last year (that I noticed)!

lobsterboy
7 Oct 2010 - 3:55 PM

We have lost a few over the years but a phone call and a few shouts usually sort it out.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman  114484 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2010 - 4:52 PM

Bummer!.........I'll be hacking it home from Stockport on that day, having said that, I don't suppose Epping would be that much of a detour back to Bristol.....LOL.....We'll bear this one in mind Ian, who knows where I might end up on the day Smile Will I win a prize for the most travelled EPZ-er on the day.......LOL

Ade

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 7 Oct 2010 - 4:53 PM
lobsterboy
7 Oct 2010 - 5:07 PM

Well you would beat Matt Waggie who currently holds the record for travelling furthest to the meet.

Quote: We'll bear this one in mind Ian,

Whos Ian ?

Ade_Osman
7 Oct 2010 - 5:18 PM

Doh......Sorry Chris.....You'd think after all these years and being a past moderator I'd have learned by now Smile

As for Matt, hmmmm.......He beats me at everything Sad

may the fleas of a 1000 camels infest my armpits by way of an apology, hopefully see ya all there.......Ade

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 7 Oct 2010 - 5:27 PM
lobsterboy
7 Oct 2010 - 9:30 PM

Your forgiven Ade

lobsterboy
9 Oct 2010 - 3:14 PM

I took a walk round that bit of the forest today - still a fair bit of fungus about and some nice colours in places too.

Lets hope it hasn't all peaked too soon!

Ade_Osman
10 Oct 2010 - 5:25 AM

I had a walk around a well known Fungi site, Swell Wood nr Taunton today (Sat) Chris and there was hardly anything there, so I've a feeling the south is running two-three weeks behind the north due to the drier weather.........Just a theory of course, Lord knows I'm no expert in such matters...

Ade

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.