Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Abandoned Room - Gallery

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

yellowmunky
9 Nov 2006 - 3:06 AM

Hiya.

Just thought I'd finally share my small collection of abandoned photographical broo-ha-ha, found on my website by clicking here.

[Moderator note: Sorry, no links to personal sites, except in your profile]

Feel free to comment, ignore, make into a pancake called Dave, or whatever..

It's a subject I love dearly, and will update just as long as this country stays on form and abandons amazing places that should not be forgotten...

Later,
Michael Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Nov 2006 - 3:06 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mad-dogs
mad-dogs  122201 forum posts England
9 Nov 2006 - 9:06 AM

You might be interested in derelict sites exploration

Martin54
Martin54 e2 Member 8497 forum postsMartin54 vcard United Kingdom
9 Nov 2006 - 9:54 AM

And also Abandoned places

thefizz
thefizz  10353 forum posts
9 Nov 2006 - 1:39 PM

[Moderator note: Sorry, no links to personal sites, except in your profile]

Whats the difference?

peter shilton
9 Nov 2006 - 2:15 PM

derelict sites exploration is not the personal site of mad-dog and abandoned places is not the personal site of martin54.

The T & C's say no links to personal sites. (well I presume they do, I've never read them, just ticked the box!!)

Can you imagine the self-promoting stuff that we could get on here?

We would be inundated.

Take a look at my site and see what I mean!! (only joking, mods!)

Hazard
Hazard  101192 forum posts United Kingdom
9 Nov 2006 - 2:22 PM

you could try my site.
WWW.imsocrapatphotographyihavetopostonepzforanegoboost.co.uk

Westers
Westers  93905 forum posts Burkina Faso1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2006 - 2:23 PM

28 days later is another good place for finding out about sites in the UK.

Quite a good laugh to read some of their exploits, especially climbing the tower cranes. Mad as a box of frogs, the lot of them.

thefizz
9 Nov 2006 - 4:44 PM

So you can't say "click here and look at my site". Instead you must say "click my profile and then click my web address and look at my site"

Still don't see much of a difference.

Westers
9 Nov 2006 - 4:56 PM

It was to stop people advertising their own businesses for free on the forums. That kind of behaviour upsets all the people who pay for adverts on here.

To keep it simple, and stop arguments about whether a site is for business or not, it was decided to ban any link to personal sites/business links.

Putting them in your profile is a little different as people will have to know about you to find your link.

yellowmunky
9 Nov 2006 - 5:32 PM

OK.. my humble apologies for posting my link. I didn't think it was an issue, and if I thought for a second it was wrong, trust me, I would not have posted it. I enjoy what i do, and thought that sharing my work on ephotozine and on my site is just part of the whole spirit of what we do...

I absolutely love abandoned places; they are environments that are empty, yet packed with memory and history, and cannot be ignored or forgotten.

As for hazard.. if that mock link is directed at me, then I pity you.. If it wasn't directed at me, then you too have my humble apologies... When I have a second, I'll view your website, and see if I can draw inspiration or match any kind words I feel appropriate to your reply...

Kind regards,
Michael

ps.. this post is sponsored by Coca Cola - The choice of a new generation, or something.. Smile

thefizz
9 Nov 2006 - 5:43 PM

So there should be no problem with me showing yellowmunky's web address and asking you to check it out.

Have a look here: www.michaelbosanko.com

I must say I like the web site, nice design and easy to navigate. The images are not like the norm seen on most other sites which is refreshing.

Regards,
Peter

Westers
9 Nov 2006 - 6:02 PM

Quote: So there should be no problem with me showing yellowmunky's web address and asking you to check it out.

I dunno 'cos I didn't see the original link, plus I'm not a moderator. I'm just letting you know why linking to other web sites on the forums can be a bit tricky at times.

All I can think is that the moderators thought your original link was too close to business advertising, but whoever deleted it will have to let you know the real reason.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108374 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2006 - 7:56 PM

Quote: The T & C's say no links to personal sites. (well I presume they do, I've never read them, just ticked the box!!)

They actually say:

Quote: 16. Please do not use the forums to link to your profile or website as a self promotional tool. If a member wants to view your profile they can do so simply by clicking on your user name, if you want them to visit your website you can put a link to it in your profile.

I don't think anyone would object if Michael had told everyone about the site and added something like "If anyone would like to know more the address is in my profile"

HTH

Doug ;o) (A Moderator, but not on here)

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2006 - 8:18 PM

Summed it up perfectly Doug

Ian (a moderator on here)

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2006 - 8:47 PM

Interesting topic. I have an interest in derelict/abandoned sites primarily for their ecology. I am fascinated by pioneer plants that reclaim these areas from the tarmac and rubble, how they colonise, survive and adapt to these environments, and form transient communities. There is a whole branch of study of this 'recombinant ecology'. It's also interesting from a sociological point of view. There is a sense of danger and risk from these places; the unexpected, the uncertain. To contrast vividly with a place like CenterParcs - a 'countryside experience' designed for those afraid of the country. Everything is safe, predictable, certain. But it is facing risk that makes us human - to deny us the opportunity is to take away our humanity...

woops sorry have I been going on a bit?

So important to record and value these places.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.