Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Apprentice

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

contemporary dave
15 Mar 2006 - 11:30 PM

Don't know if this has already been discussed, but has anyone been watching this? If not, you are missing some great compelling TV.

Having once worked in a corporate envionment (I've since come to my senses), I just find it hilarious watching a bunch of junior managers so desperate for a job (or to get their face on TV), they are perepared to jump through hoops for 12 weeks for a glorified middle-management position. Seeing them try to display themselves like preverbial Peacocks by using as much corporate terminolgy as they can in a single sentence is just fantastic.

By the way, here's something good. Why not play W*nk Word Bingo at your next meeting. You can get your bingo sheet here.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Mar 2006 - 11:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012523 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
15 Mar 2006 - 11:36 PM

It has Wink

I'm not a great fan of 'reality' TV but this one has me hooked. I wanted to sack all three of them last night, 100 chickens!!!! 500 pizzas!! LOL

Marlin_owner
15 Mar 2006 - 11:37 PM

I think there a lot of us watching it Dave.

Last night I think Sir Alan should have sacked all 3!
100 chickens & 90 pizzas made.

Why didn't they just sell chickens instead?

FatHandedChap
16 Mar 2006 - 12:32 AM

Aaaaahhhh Bless 'em.

Is there a University doing a course in verbal diroh...dirhor....di....poo? They'd all get a first no problems.

Perhaps they should all get some tips by watching 'The Armstrongs' after the show. Now there's a couple who went to the Gordon Brittas School of Management.

Sack them all and lets have some re-runs of The Goodies. 8-D

Tony

aftertherain
16 Mar 2006 - 12:41 AM

But doesn't it make you wonder at the quality of a University education if these people are the cream of the crop.

paulcr
paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
16 Mar 2006 - 12:50 AM

Slightly hooked on it myself. I was really expecting that total B**ch, (the redhead) to be sacked last week. Paul

FatHandedChap
16 Mar 2006 - 12:53 AM

You just know that bouncy woman and Sayed will stay in for a few more weeks because it makes good viewing.

Or is that just me being cynical....

I have to keep watching just to see how bad they can get.

Tony

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012523 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Mar 2006 - 12:55 AM

Quote: But doesn't it make you wonder at the quality of a University education if these people are the cream of the crop.

Hmmm, an economics graduate who cant give the right change, a financial advisor who couldnt budget and a former restaurant manager who over orders and then blames everyone else, nah good bunch them! LOL

jimbo_t
jimbo_t  11959 forum posts England
16 Mar 2006 - 12:57 AM

Just remember what Alan Sugar did to Tottenham Hotspurs FC when he took that over as a business!!
They don't sing "A spoonful of sugar helps the Tottenham go down" for nothing!!!!!
Now do you really want to listen to his business ideas?! (unless you are a GOONER!)
Jim

maggiem
maggiem e2 Member 9333 forum postsmaggiem vcard United Kingdom
16 Mar 2006 - 12:59 AM

.... and the sooner Sayed goes the better too!! What a slimey so-and-so.
Maggie

FatHandedChap
16 Mar 2006 - 1:02 AM

I like the way at the start that Sir Alan says "This isn't a game..."

14 people competing for a prize....what dictionary is he using??

BillS
BillS  827 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Mar 2006 - 2:28 AM

Must admit to being hooked. Not one of them has done a days work in their lives . What a pathetic bunch!

Marlin_owner
16 Mar 2006 - 2:31 AM

Anyone got any thoughts on the way Mani managed the girls last night?

User_Removed
16 Mar 2006 - 2:37 AM

Some would argue that he did what was needed to get the task done. Others would argue that he wasn't really effective, and put everyone's back up and he simply appeared to be a better manager given that the others did so badly.

One thing's for sure... The boys aren't going to like him after his little hissy fit the other week, and now all the girls are gonna hate him. Hope he's wearing kevlar beneath his suit from now on! ;o)

evap
evap  9223 forum posts England
16 Mar 2006 - 3:24 AM

I thought Manni did well last night. At the end of the day he got the job done and I think at least some of the girls appreciated that, having been led by complete muppets for the last 2 weeks. He didnt let the tantrums get in the way of what needed to be done. Although you saw a little bit of complaining about being stuck in the kitchen it was minor in comparison to the bitching that had gone on in the weeks before. All credit to the lad!

As for the economisc graduate (managerial consultant) who cant count! I hope she already had a new job before last nights broadcast and Mr Sugar telling her she was a pathetic manager. I wouldn't like to consult our managers, she is more of 'yes' person than a manager - but then again thats how she might have got through life!

The bingo is great, I used to know it as Buzz Word Bingo, but still as good now!

Simon

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.