Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The best commercial ever?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
PatrickSmith
22 Sep 2006 - 2:39 AM

This might be the best commercial I've ever seen. It is about the colour on a new Sony TV. It was filmed in my home town. And it does have photographic interest too.

First:

the one minute commercial:

How did they do it?

The making of

Seen any better ones?

Patrick

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Sep 2006 - 2:39 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Geoffphoto
22 Sep 2006 - 7:09 AM

Morning Patrick, This is an amazing ad and I love the music by Jose Gonzalez (called Heartbeat) and SF is such a great location.
The new ad due in Autumn looks good as well
www.bravia-advert.com/paint/pictures/

But I really like the latest Guinness ads shown in the UK (The Rhythm of Life)

beaniebabe
22 Sep 2006 - 7:18 AM

Patrick...that is my kids favourite advert, my baby boy thinks it's great all the colours and my 11 yr daughter would love to be stood underneath them all Smile

Angie x

tigerminx
tigerminx  10237 forum posts South Africa
22 Sep 2006 - 7:36 AM

It played a lot in SA during the recent World Cup. Unbelievable really. I bet the ad team have all retired rich !!! I also really like the theme song.

Bruce.

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 7:40 AM

The ad is great, glad I've seen the 'making of', I always thought it was clever use of digital imagery. That must have been loadsa fun to be involved in.

Carl

mad-dogs
mad-dogs  122201 forum posts England
22 Sep 2006 - 7:47 AM

This one's my favourite

Mayfly
Mayfly  8485 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 7:56 AM

My favourite would have to be the Citroen C4 advert (where it's like a giant transformer dancing) probably a throwback to my childhood.... Dak a dae dac a dae acka dac Smile

beaniebabe
22 Sep 2006 - 8:11 AM

Mayfly, that is also my favourite Grin

Angie x

jimbo_t
jimbo_t  11959 forum posts England
22 Sep 2006 - 8:20 AM

Has to be the Honda ads, in particular the Accord one with all the engine parts etc in a dominoe rally effect.
James

Mayfly
22 Sep 2006 - 8:27 AM

Yeah Forgot about that one ! awesome. I reckon that Car manufacturers have the biggest budgets thats why there are so many good car commercials (also like the Mazda ads ZOoM ZOOM ZoOM) and the ad where the dog pees against the tyre and the car squirts it back with it's headlight squisher !

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014794 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 8:30 AM

The Diving Bomb

Peter Kaye for John Smiths

A work of genius

Mayfly
22 Sep 2006 - 8:31 AM

In that case shouldn't he be advertising Guiness ?? Wink

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 8:34 AM

There a lot of ad's (I watch too much TV!) that could be classed in a Top Ten, but a 'Best Commercial'? Hmmm perhaps the Honda cog's ad - I have it on a DVD they sent me (now that really is sad :o)

ofman
ofman  759 forum posts
22 Sep 2006 - 8:34 AM

have to agree with the honda ads! Cog is the best closely followed by the one with the choir making the sound effects of the car, rain, wind etc - brilliant.

on a nostalgic note i always enjoyed those pesky puppet aliens in the smash adverts. nothing comes close to those!

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 8:37 AM

On the subject of cars - they do seem to have huge budgets for their ad's - cheesiest had to be the Peugeot 405 ad... take my breathe awayyyy... with burning fields of wheat! Thanksfully no Tom Cruize though :o)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.