Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

The best commercial ever?

PatrickSmith 9 1.2k 2 United States
22 Sep 2006 2:39AM
This might be the best commercial I've ever seen. It is about the colour on a new Sony TV. It was filmed in my home town. And it does have photographic interest too.

First:

the one minute commercial:

How did they do it?

The making of

Seen any better ones?

Patrick

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
22 Sep 2006 7:09AM
Morning Patrick, This is an amazing ad and I love the music by Jose Gonzalez (called Heartbeat) and SF is such a great location.
The new ad due in Autumn looks good as well
www.bravia-advert.com/paint/pictures/

But I really like the latest Guinness ads shown in the UK (The Rhythm of Life)
beaniebabe 9 2.3k England
22 Sep 2006 7:18AM
Patrick...that is my kids favourite advert, my baby boy thinks it's great all the colours and my 11 yr daughter would love to be stood underneath them all Smile

Angie x
tigerminx 10 237 South Africa
22 Sep 2006 7:36AM
It played a lot in SA during the recent World Cup. Unbelievable really. I bet the ad team have all retired rich !!! I also really like the theme song.

Bruce.
sidaorb 8 3.9k 2 England
22 Sep 2006 7:40AM
The ad is great, glad I've seen the 'making of', I always thought it was clever use of digital imagery. That must have been loadsa fun to be involved in.

Carl
mad-dogs 12 2.2k England
22 Sep 2006 7:47AM
Mayfly 9 485 2 United Kingdom
22 Sep 2006 7:56AM
My favourite would have to be the Citroen C4 advert (where it's like a giant transformer dancing) probably a throwback to my childhood.... Dak a dae dac a dae acka dac Smile
beaniebabe 9 2.3k England
22 Sep 2006 8:11AM
Mayfly, that is also my favourite Grin

Angie x
jimbo_t 11 959 England
22 Sep 2006 8:20AM
Has to be the Honda ads, in particular the Accord one with all the engine parts etc in a dominoe rally effect.
James
22 Sep 2006 8:27AM
Yeah Forgot about that one ! awesome. I reckon that Car manufacturers have the biggest budgets thats why there are so many good car commercials (also like the Mazda ads ZOoM ZOOM ZoOM) and the ad where the dog pees against the tyre and the car squirts it back with it's headlight squisher !
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
22 Sep 2006 8:30AM
The Diving Bomb

Peter Kaye for John Smiths

A work of genius
22 Sep 2006 8:31AM
In that case shouldn't he be advertising Guiness ?? Wink
22 Sep 2006 8:34AM
There a lot of ad's (I watch too much TV!) that could be classed in a Top Ten, but a 'Best Commercial'? Hmmm perhaps the Honda cog's ad - I have it on a DVD they sent me (now that really is sad :o)
ofman 8 59
22 Sep 2006 8:34AM
have to agree with the honda ads! Cog is the best closely followed by the one with the choir making the sound effects of the car, rain, wind etc - brilliant.

on a nostalgic note i always enjoyed those pesky puppet aliens in the smash adverts. nothing comes close to those!
22 Sep 2006 8:37AM
On the subject of cars - they do seem to have huge budgets for their ad's - cheesiest had to be the Peugeot 405 ad... take my breathe awayyyy... with burning fields of wheat! Thanksfully no Tom Cruize though :o)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.