Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The best commercial ever?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105968 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 8:38 AM

That's one of my favourite ads lately, Patrick. I have to admit that I expected it to have been digitally manipulated. Watching the making of the ad was interesting... they pulled some strings getting permission to fling all those balls. Thanks for sharing.

Jeanie

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Sep 2006 - 8:38 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Mayfly
Mayfly  9485 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 8:39 AM

Anyone remember the Smiths Crisps ad with the singing potatoes? "We wanna beeeee smiiitthhhsss crisps" thats a good'un Smile

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 8:41 AM

Singing spud's? Crisp's? Throw me in to a boiling vat of oil and eat me... yep that sounds about right for the British sence of fair play to all vegitables :o)

Mayfly
22 Sep 2006 - 8:51 AM

But they were going to a better place !

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 9:00 AM

Yep I couldn't agree more :o) I wonder what their last thoughts were? A bit like all the chips that give there 'all' so that we may clog up our hearts & pass on happy :o)

On topic - although this subject is off topic, oops - how about the Pepperami ad's? The blender one just has 'edge' don't you think? :o)

Mayfly
22 Sep 2006 - 9:05 AM

Psychotic pepperami jumping in the blender! excellent. Trouble is thats gotta put anyone off who's ever seen a horror film. They come out at night.......mostly....
I wouldn't trust em in my cupboard they might start harassing my oxo cubes !

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 9:37 AM

Quote: In that case shouldn't he be advertising Guiness ?? Wink

I'll give guinness a call and suggest it Smile

his first John Smith's ad

"'ave it"

with the footy players was fantastic too - it's the little details, like brushing the 1/2 time oranges aside for a pint...

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 9:38 AM

My Oxo cubes are harassed by the out of date baby beetroots & last Xmas's Ocean Spray Cranberry jelly... As an experienced Pepperami eater I have to tell you that you need to keep them cool in the refridgerator... They can beat up your egg's (get it?) in there for you if you like? :o)

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 9:40 AM

The Peter Kay John Smiths ad's were very good especially where he let's his mother know that he is putting her in a Home :o)

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 10:15 AM

ha ah - something we're all preparing to do one day, eh?

Mayfly
22 Sep 2006 - 10:18 AM

Ha Ha yeah forgot that one "you've got to go, besides your moustache is scaring the kids!" Why do mother in laws have a moustache ?......

NickdeBug
NickdeBug  9391 forum posts
22 Sep 2006 - 10:24 AM

Great Sony ad! I remember walking up those hills last year. Think that throwing balls down them might have been more fun.

Favorite ad - RWhites Secret Lemonade Drinker. Friend of mine is still receiving money from that everytime it turns up on a 100 best of all time program (ie. every other week on Channel 4). She was the one in the nightie!

KathyW
KathyW  111793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 10:34 AM

The old ones are definitely the best
guiness

Mayfly
22 Sep 2006 - 10:40 AM

How about the old Harp Lager advert where a chap goes back to a ladies place to find her annoying dog. He bounces a ball and it goes out of the window - closely followed by the mutt ! "time for a sharp exit"

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 10:42 AM

Another ad that could be number one was the Observer/Gaurdian b&w ad about the skinhead running down the road made to appear as if he had mugged someone ... but hadn't etc and peoples perceptions based on a 'narrow' perspective... I seem to recall they ran the ad in the newspapers to. Ther were other versions of the same theme.

R Whites has a lot to answer for :o) Mother-in-laws have always been a target for humour I'm surprised they havn't started a self help group yet especially with the late Les Dawson one liners... :o)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.