Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The best commercial ever?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 10:44 AM

How about the magazine Nuts & their sexist ad's about ladies expecting no help on a Thursday? The car bonnet falling seems to be the latest, but the one with the radiator busting sticks more in my mind I wonder why? :o)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Sep 2006 - 10:44 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mjsayles
mjsayles  81019 forum posts
22 Sep 2006 - 10:54 AM

Those Nuts adverts with the "Women: don't expect any help on a Thursday!" line were very good. I liked most of them, but I'll also mention the drill in the wall, scratching all over the place cos she doesn't press hard enough, and was there one with a lawnmower careering out of control through a hedge?

mjsayles
22 Sep 2006 - 10:56 AM

Anyone remember the ad for Tango (I think) where that bloke in an office starts off on a rant, then slowly removes his clothes as he exits the office, continuing his rant, until he ends up on the white cliffs of Dover dressed as a boxer, with hovering Harrier jump jets flanking him etc?

A great ad in a kind of patriotic, "we'll take you all on!" kind of a way.

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 10:59 AM

I did prefer the Tango ad's with the orange man and his glove... but I seem to recollect they went 'to far' and the ASA pulled their later ad's because kids were being a little to literal about acting out the ad's :o)

chrisw
chrisw  10129 forum posts
22 Sep 2006 - 12:44 PM

TV Commercial - Any of the Carling adverts from a few years ago... the Dam Busters bouncing bomb ad is great, with the German acting as 'goalkeeper'...

In a similar vein, Shepherd Neame brewery ads for 'Spitfire' beer, one of which says 'Spitfire. Downed all over Kent. Just like the Luftwaffe'. There is another featuring the famous Churchill 'V' sign picture with the caption 'I'll have two, please'. Highly un-pc, and great for it too!

mjsayles
22 Sep 2006 - 12:46 PM

Quote: Downed all over Kent. Just like the Luftwaffe

LOL, I like that!

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
22 Sep 2006 - 1:20 PM

The worst one at present is that blasted Orange ad with that girl wandering around mumbling to herself.

The graphics are clever, but that bloody sound-track. YUK!

Has anyone deciphered what she is moaning about?

PatrickSmith
22 Sep 2006 - 1:31 PM

I had never seen the Sony ball commercial before I was browsing YouTube last night and saw it in the most viewed list.

This classic one is also one of my favourites!

The Salmon ad.

Patrick

Geoffphoto
22 Sep 2006 - 1:41 PM

Saw that ages ago Patrick - makes me laugh every time !

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014736 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 1:46 PM

beer ads are bound to appeal to me, they are targetted at people who drink beer after all.

never really was into Persil ads after all...

though i do wash my clothes I hasten to add!

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
22 Sep 2006 - 1:56 PM

I liked the John Smiths one, where the dog walks over the ceiling of the pub.

kaybee
kaybee  103770 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 2:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXmNJhqngyM

is the one for me

FatHandedChap
22 Sep 2006 - 3:06 PM

Lynx have had some excellent campaigns - I really like the current one when the guy goes for a night on the town in just his towel. Butt whipping the lechorous old guy in the club always raises a smile.

Tony

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 3:26 PM

The best ad's maybe the one's that get copied or begin to be discussed socially e.g. the M&S ad's "This is not just.... it's......" :o) Any examples for ePhotozine perhaps?

raziel_uk
raziel_uk  104929 forum posts
22 Sep 2006 - 5:25 PM

sorry, for me it has to be the GUINNESS DANCING MAN.

Can't remember the chap's name but he is/was an Irish comedian and the ad wasn't choreographed.

Ashley

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.