Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

The best commercial ever?

NickdeBug 9 391
22 Sep 2006 5:45PM
Joe McKinney. A would-be actor who was last seen working in a pub in Dublin whilst trying to overcome alcoholism. Sad story really.

Music was Guaglione by Perez Prez Prado for those that are interested.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

22 Sep 2006 7:30PM
That Guinness Dancing Man ad was excellent - thanks for that link! What I have realised is that as the years pass the ad's seem to refect some of the mood of the UK... I wonder what 'PPPPick up a penguin' said about us? :o)
macroman 11 15.3k England
22 Sep 2006 8:32PM
No idea, but I bet it made life hell for poor old Arkwright.
kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
22 Sep 2006 8:35PM
Not really......it just brought everyone into HIS world
22 Sep 2006 8:49PM
"Granville! Get me one of those, one of those, one of those P P, biscuits that can't fly by themselves will you" :o)
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
22 Sep 2006 9:58PM
If I hadn't seen the making-of I'd have assumed it was CGI because everything seems to be these days - nice to see something done for real. It doesn't increase my interest in the product though - they never do.
sidaorb 8 3.9k 2 England
23 Sep 2006 6:46AM
Peter, were you a 'secret lemonade drinker' then?

Cheesiest had to be the Nescafe ads that ran and ran with crys from me and my my mates 'for god sake just get on with it' (or words to that effect which I cant use on here as Im a Mod!!!!)

Carl
joneser 8 10
23 Sep 2006 7:50AM
What about the original 'Williams where else' with the man running wearing a tight body suit!
23 Sep 2006 3:11PM
Outstanding commercial Patrick. the b&w about guinness is quite impressive as well. I have a terrific one about a brand of sun glasses on my pc, but wouldn't know where to put it up and link it :o(
tepot 10 4.4k United Kingdom
23 Sep 2006 3:42PM
here in the US, the commercials are far funnier than the comedy shows, one of my favs was a car commercial where there are two blokes in the car and everytime the passenger raises his mug to take a drink the driver taps lightly on the brakes, after the 3rd time the passenger looks at the driver and says "very mature"....just cracks me up!

another one from the US is a cell phone commercial, where a bloke is having trouble getting through the automated menu to a call center, when he does at last get to speak with an "advisor" the train he is on goes under a tunnel and he loses his signal....fantastic stuff....lol
tepot 10 4.4k United Kingdom
23 Sep 2006 3:49PM
This is also pretty neat.
Britman 8 1.7k England
23 Sep 2006 5:30PM
ITV-HD have shown the Sony ad in full, it's much longer then a minute and in it's native Hi-Def it's truelly outstanding.
1100 8 36
26 Sep 2006 6:56PM
This one from the National Lottery 'Big Win'. It's not only well designed and made, it also makes you all warm and fuzzy inside (:0)

Oo! Oo! Oo! I just found another from the Yellow Pages in the US! Kung Fu Clowns!
What more could you ask for!?
26 Sep 2006 7:15PM
The Kung Fu Clowns has a certain quality about it's finer points :o) The Lotto ad is Tim Burton'esk... not a bad thing really :o)

The ITV Digital 'Monkey' ad's with Johnny Vagas captured the spirit of the nation of monkey's in their day... :o)
Camairish 9 1.3k Scotland
26 Sep 2006 10:10PM
One from the early nineties with 'Venus in Furs' by the Velvet Underground as a soundtrack - think it was for Dunlops tyres - very surreal.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.