Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The best commercial ever?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

NickdeBug
NickdeBug  9391 forum posts
22 Sep 2006 - 5:45 PM

Joe McKinney. A would-be actor who was last seen working in a pub in Dublin whilst trying to overcome alcoholism. Sad story really.

Music was Guaglione by Perez Prez Prado for those that are interested.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Sep 2006 - 5:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 7:30 PM

That Guinness Dancing Man ad was excellent - thanks for that link! What I have realised is that as the years pass the ad's seem to refect some of the mood of the UK... I wonder what 'PPPPick up a penguin' said about us? :o)

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
22 Sep 2006 - 8:32 PM

No idea, but I bet it made life hell for poor old Arkwright.

kaybee
kaybee  103772 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 8:35 PM

Not really......it just brought everyone into HIS world

PeterOutdoors
22 Sep 2006 - 8:49 PM

"Granville! Get me one of those, one of those, one of those P P, biscuits that can't fly by themselves will you" :o)

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2006 - 9:58 PM

If I hadn't seen the making-of I'd have assumed it was CGI because everything seems to be these days - nice to see something done for real. It doesn't increase my interest in the product though - they never do.

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2006 - 6:46 AM

Peter, were you a 'secret lemonade drinker' then?

Cheesiest had to be the Nescafe ads that ran and ran with crys from me and my my mates 'for god sake just get on with it' (or words to that effect which I cant use on here as Im a Mod!!!!)

Carl

joneser
joneser  8
23 Sep 2006 - 7:50 AM

What about the original 'Williams where else' with the man running wearing a tight body suit!

MediumSizeUnavailable

Outstanding commercial Patrick. the b&w about guinness is quite impressive as well. I have a terrific one about a brand of sun glasses on my pc, but wouldn't know where to put it up and link it :o(

tepot
tepot  94416 forum posts United Kingdom
23 Sep 2006 - 3:42 PM

here in the US, the commercials are far funnier than the comedy shows, one of my favs was a car commercial where there are two blokes in the car and everytime the passenger raises his mug to take a drink the driver taps lightly on the brakes, after the 3rd time the passenger looks at the driver and says "very mature"....just cracks me up!

another one from the US is a cell phone commercial, where a bloke is having trouble getting through the automated menu to a call center, when he does at last get to speak with an "advisor" the train he is on goes under a tunnel and he loses his signal....fantastic stuff....lol

tepot
tepot  94416 forum posts United Kingdom
23 Sep 2006 - 3:49 PM

This is also pretty neat.

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
23 Sep 2006 - 5:30 PM

ITV-HD have shown the Sony ad in full, it's much longer then a minute and in it's native Hi-Def it's truelly outstanding.

1100  836 forum posts
26 Sep 2006 - 6:56 PM

This one from the National Lottery 'Big Win'. It's not only well designed and made, it also makes you all warm and fuzzy inside (:0)

Oo! Oo! Oo! I just found another from the Yellow Pages in the US! Kung Fu Clowns!
What more could you ask for!?

PeterOutdoors
26 Sep 2006 - 7:15 PM

The Kung Fu Clowns has a certain quality about it's finer points :o) The Lotto ad is Tim Burton'esk... not a bad thing really :o)

The ITV Digital 'Monkey' ad's with Johnny Vagas captured the spirit of the nation of monkey's in their day... :o)

Camairish
Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
26 Sep 2006 - 10:10 PM

One from the early nineties with 'Venus in Furs' by the Velvet Underground as a soundtrack - think it was for Dunlops tyres - very surreal.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.