Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The best spots in the Lake District?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pcoopsy
pcoopsy  8 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2009 - 8:58 AM

Does anyone know any good locations in the Lake District for sunrise/sunsets near Keswick.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Oct 2009 - 8:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KBan
KBan  9456 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2009 - 10:32 AM

Ashness Bridge and surprise view, both close together and in Keswick
keith

Last Modified By KBan at 11 Oct 2009 - 10:33 AM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
User_Removed
11 Oct 2009 - 10:58 AM

............but get there early to claim your space because it gets very busy at these locations.

redstag
redstag e2 Member 8100 forum postsredstag vcard United Kingdom14 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2009 - 11:04 AM

Or use a long exposure to eradicate those troublesome togs!
Have a look through Vintagered's portfolio, or PM him, he has been my guide on many occaissions round the lakes, he is very helpful.
I have some shots of both surprise view and Ashness bridge, I can confirm that they are great locations. I also like Bassenthwaite Lake. I have never been but there are also some superb shots from Wast Water (Mike H springs to mind). Try putting a search in on the gallery.
Jon

pcoopsy
11 Oct 2009 - 5:08 PM

Thankyou very much to everyone who has left a response.
I will be going next week and cannot wait, hopefully there will be a surise/fall

mcgannc
mcgannc  5389 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2009 - 9:15 PM

The slate mine museum on the Honister Pass is a great location - some great stuff to see and buy in the museum and a fantastic view right down a valley from the car park, I managed to get this there... link

Wherever you go, you'll have a great time and you'll be surrounded by beauty everywhere you look!

Chris

riggwelter
12 Oct 2009 - 1:41 AM

Remember to take out a loan too - the locals will fleece you for every penny you have.

pcoopsy
12 Oct 2009 - 7:14 AM

[This should be good for during the day]The slate mine museum on the Honister Pass is a great location - some great stuff to see and buy in the museum and a fantastic view right down a valley from the car park, I managed to get this there... link

Wherever you go, you'll have a great time and you'll be surrounded by beauty everywhere you look!

Chris
[/quote]

Nickscape
Nickscape  8693 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2009 - 8:54 AM

If your looking for something a little different you could try going to Tewets Tarn, its a little tarn not far from Keswick, will be deserted and has a great view of Blencathra Link to google maps - example pic

Last Modified By Nickscape at 12 Oct 2009 - 8:54 AM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2009 - 9:07 AM

watching this thead with interest

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014736 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2009 - 10:19 AM

I like the passes best - Kirkstone, Wrynose, Hardknott and Newlands all afford fantastic vistas and given the right light, never fail to impress.

Capturing the scene is the challenge

I got a few of Kirkstone on Friday and Honister yesterday - honister got lovely light, clouds moving making for ever changing patterns.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2009 - 10:39 AM

Have you found anywhere to park around the Hardknott and Wrynose passes Ade?

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014037 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2009 - 11:08 AM

Didn't have any trouble last time I was up there of an evening. The traffic was very light and there were loads of places I found to shove the car in.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2009 - 11:11 AM

Is that just by the side of the road? I have never managed to find anywhere on the passes that wasn't a passing place.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014037 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2009 - 11:29 AM

I am pretty sure there are spaces at the top of Hardnot, I had no trouble stopping in Wrynose bottom either, they might have been passing places..not sure now but there was so little traffic it didn't upset anyone.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.