Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The best spots in the Lake District?

11 Oct 2009 8:58AM
Does anyone know any good locations in the Lake District for sunrise/sunsets near Keswick.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KBan e2
9 468 4 England
11 Oct 2009 10:32AM
Ashness Bridge and surprise view, both close together and in Keswick
keith
User_Removed 12 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2009 10:58AM
............but get there early to claim your space because it gets very busy at these locations.
redstag e2
9 100 14 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2009 11:04AM
Or use a long exposure to eradicate those troublesome togs!
Have a look through Vintagered's portfolio, or PM him, he has been my guide on many occaissions round the lakes, he is very helpful.
I have some shots of both surprise view and Ashness bridge, I can confirm that they are great locations. I also like Bassenthwaite Lake. I have never been but there are also some superb shots from Wast Water (Mike H springs to mind). Try putting a search in on the gallery.
Jon
11 Oct 2009 5:08PM
Thankyou very much to everyone who has left a response.
I will be going next week and cannot wait, hopefully there will be a surise/fall
mcgannc e2
6 389 3 England
11 Oct 2009 9:15PM
The slate mine museum on the Honister Pass is a great location - some great stuff to see and buy in the museum and a fantastic view right down a valley from the car park, I managed to get this there... link

Wherever you go, you'll have a great time and you'll be surrounded by beauty everywhere you look!

Chris
12 Oct 2009 1:41AM
Remember to take out a loan too - the locals will fleece you for every penny you have.
12 Oct 2009 7:14AM
[This should be good for during the day]The slate mine museum on the Honister Pass is a great location - some great stuff to see and buy in the museum and a fantastic view right down a valley from the car park, I managed to get this there... link

Wherever you go, you'll have a great time and you'll be surrounded by beauty everywhere you look!

Chris
Nickscape e2
8 705 9 England
12 Oct 2009 8:54AM
If your looking for something a little different you could try going to Tewets Tarn, its a little tarn not far from Keswick, will be deserted and has a great view of Blencathra Link to google maps - example pic
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
12 Oct 2009 9:07AM
watching this thead with interest
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
12 Oct 2009 10:19AM
I like the passes best - Kirkstone, Wrynose, Hardknott and Newlands all afford fantastic vistas and given the right light, never fail to impress.

Capturing the scene is the challenge

I got a few of Kirkstone on Friday and Honister yesterday - honister got lovely light, clouds moving making for ever changing patterns.
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2009 10:39AM
Have you found anywhere to park around the Hardknott and Wrynose passes Ade?
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2009 11:08AM
Didn't have any trouble last time I was up there of an evening. The traffic was very light and there were loads of places I found to shove the car in.
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2009 11:11AM
Is that just by the side of the road? I have never managed to find anywhere on the passes that wasn't a passing place.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2009 11:29AM
I am pretty sure there are spaces at the top of Hardnot, I had no trouble stopping in Wrynose bottom either, they might have been passing places..not sure now but there was so little traffic it didn't upset anyone.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.