Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Big Move!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 12:30 PM

Well it's finally happening, our house move down to stormy Devon move finally takes place tomorrow, everything is in place the trucks arrive at 9am in the morning, although due to the weather I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have hired a Chinnook helicopter to fly us in so as to avoid all the floods. And to think we were at one stage thinking of moving down to the Somerset Levels, mind you the way things are going I think Devon could soon be as bad. Thank God we've decided to go onto Dartmoor, at least we'll have a bit of height there, though I am wondering if the small sream that flows through the back garden might prove to be problematic in the future and has turned into a raging rapid, even if we have been assured its never ever been a cause for concern in the past.
Everything has been ordered so that our broadband connection should be in place when we get there so hopefully we won't have any issues there.....He says with a wry smile!
The cameras have been buried in amongst all the boxes for weeks now, but I'm hoping to get them out just as soon as possible as my trigger finger is itching like mad now. I'll have rescue them by the 21st as I'm supposed to be in Kentallen, Scotland to go on that landscape workshop with Colin Prior I luckily won on EPZ last year, lets face it if anyone needs go on a landscape workshop it's me Blush
So wish us both luck, because if the weather forecasts are to be believed it could turn out to be an interesting day. If you don't hear from me for a few days now you'll know why, it's because we never made it and are up to our armpits in flood water and are gently floating out to sea down the River Tamar Tongue
Hopefully if all goes well normal service will be resumed in a week or two and I'll actually start commenting and posting to the galleries and forums as much as I usually do. Feel sorry for the poor folk of Devon, they ain't gonna know what's them by the end of the month Wink

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 6 Feb 2014 - 12:35 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Feb 2014 - 12:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110188 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 12:33 PM

good luck with the move Ade, I hope it all goes smoothly and look forward to seeing pics from the new place once you are settled

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122211 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 1:43 PM

Good luck Ade. We've been involved with two months of upheaval ourselves so hope it goes well for you.

petebfrance
6 Feb 2014 - 1:44 PM

Good luck with the move. Not the best of weather to be doing it in, but I hope all goes well.

pink
pink  111447 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 1:45 PM

Hope it all goes smoothly, it can be very stressfull!

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 42289 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
6 Feb 2014 - 2:24 PM

Hoping all goes well for you & Sue, Ade. I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end, really......I'm sure it will.....honestly..... it'll be fine, no worries Lol!! Grin Lou

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43704 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 3:09 PM

Fingers crossed for your cameras, Ade...oh yeah, and for you and SueTongue

It'll be alright on the night, as they say in showbiz.

Malc

Glostopcat
Glostopcat e2 Member 8231 forum postsGlostopcat vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 4:03 PM

Best of luck with the move Ade and Sue, I'm sure Devon epzers' KarenFB, Bunbeam, Featherfriend et al will be nervously anticipating your imminent arrival in the Wild West!WinkGrin

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022822 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 4:55 PM

Dartmoor Echo has already forecast a downturn in local house prices. Wink

thewilliam
6 Feb 2014 - 5:17 PM

Dartmoor is wonderful at its best but winters can be harsh.

She-who-must-be-obeyed lived on the moor before we got together and learned to be self sufficient. Power cuts were common so a petrol generator is a must. The heating system and cooking facilities must operate without electricity.

A 4x4 vehicle allows movement in any weather. Or buy an old tractor!

Good luck.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54245 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 5:18 PM

I'm so envious. it's a wonderful part of the country and it'll be fab. Once you've found the tea pot and the cameras you'll be laughing. Smile

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012558 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 5:24 PM

Good luck with the move Ade, hope it all goes well..

all together now..

Grin

deavilin
deavilin  10322 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 6:25 PM

Good luck with the move we did it last week from the Midlands to Somerset (not the levels) hasn't stopped raining since we arrived.
I love the moors enjoy them, they are so beautiful Smile

Best wishes Charlotte

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84258 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 8:07 PM

Good luck with your move, I hope you settle in quickly! You'll be sayin' "Oooar!" before you know it!! Grin

Glostopcat
Glostopcat e2 Member 8231 forum postsGlostopcat vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 9:50 PM

He does that already Karen he's a bumpkin from the West Country, at least the locals will have no problems understanding him unlike most of the poor folks on here!Tongue

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.