Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III Is Here!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 3595 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
2 Mar 2012 - 7:26 AM

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-announced-18639

What do you think??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Mar 2012 - 7:26 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 7:28 AM

£2999?!!!!!! Are they out of their mind?

I might join the dark side then......LOL

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 7:55 AM

That's more than twice the price of the camera it replaces (5D MkII) can be purchased for.......BONKERS!!!!........Well I guess I won't be investing in one now then after all Sad

Ade

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 8:05 AM

And what is it with video on cameras these days????......I don't want it, I don't need it, but if I did I'd buy a decent video camera! Why add to the cost of this for something I'm never ever going to use or require???? It was one of the reasons for sticking with a 50d over a 60d when I wanted an extra body a while ago, I just didn't want to pay for the extra cost for something I didn't require. Come on Canon give us a decent prosumer body without chuffing video and lower the bleeding cost. Were supposed to in a world recession, the rate you're carrying on all you're going to do is shoot yourselves in the foot as nobody will bother upgrading until it's absolutely necessary! Just like I'm going to now, my pair of 50d's do all I need them to do and are perfectly adequate and the quality is still good enough. You'll have to drop the price on this MKIII substantially before you can convince me to make a purchase!

Ade SadSadSadSad

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 2 Mar 2012 - 8:07 AM
mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 8:26 AM

Quote: £2999?!!!!!! Are they out of their mind?

Its £500 more then both the Mk2 and 1 launched for. Given the updates seem fairly minor, it does seem crazy to bump the price in such a way.

However we hae not seen what this camera can do at high ISO - and also its interesting the 5D3 has the same AF as the 1dx.... Shows that this camera is not only replacing the 5D2.... but 1Ds3 also.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96215 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 8:30 AM

Well, at least they are releasing a new camera, unlike Sony, the A900 refresh might not now make an appearance until Photokina in October ! !

And then it will probably only be a " mock up " Sad

Last Modified By JJGEE at 2 Mar 2012 - 8:31 AM
Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73818 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 8:30 AM

Quote: £2999?!!!!!! Are they out of their mind?

Go on you know you want to Wink You can wear the sandles with pride then

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123851 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 8:34 AM

the price will fall almost as certainly as night follows day as will the price of the new Nikon models, when new DSLRs are launched with the usual inane fanfare of trumpets patience is not only a virtue but also rewarding if you need to "upgrade".

mattw
2 Mar 2012 - 8:35 AM

Quote: The EOS 5D Mark III comes complete with the most advanced version of Digital Photo Professional (DPP) yet – Canon’s free, in-box software enabling high-speed, high quality processing of RAW images. New in DPP v3.11 is Digital Lens Optimizer – a revolutionary new tool designed to drastically improve image resolution.

Hmmm, I wonder if this will be compatable with older 5Ds?

Ade_Osman
2 Mar 2012 - 8:46 AM

Quote: Hmmm, I wonder if this will be compatable with older 5Ds

And the plethora of other Canon cameras come to that?.......I've got the latest version and have been using it with the 50D's and have noticed a much better output from the RAW files using it over the previous versions.

Ade

mattw
2 Mar 2012 - 8:48 AM

Quote: the price will fall almost as certainly as night follows day as will the price of the new Nikon models, when new DSLRs are launched with the usual inane fanfare of trumpets patience is not only a virtue but also rewarding if you need to "upgrade".

The price will certainly fall. It was interesting that the 'glide down' on prices or the 5d2 mirrored almost exactly what happened with the original 5D. However this one is starting £500 higher.

Therefor I predict that in 6 months time, the 5D3 will be selling from around £2200 - but that is still a big jump from where the previous models were.

Lucian
Lucian  4531 forum posts
2 Mar 2012 - 9:00 AM

I predict it will be £1800 in six months time. It does not look like it is worth upgrading.

Ade_Osman
2 Mar 2012 - 9:05 AM

I see Canon are also bringing out a new flash as well, the Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT, which apparently is all weatherproof as well as other tweaks, I wonder how much that's going to cost?.......Far too many pennies for me I've no doubt!

Ade

NEWDIGIT
NEWDIGIT  3401 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Mar 2012 - 9:08 AM

Allthough I belong to the dark side I happen to agree with Ade on this.
Stop putting in the video garbage and give us a decent DSLR at a decent price.
Why not produce to versions one with and the other without the video,it cant be that difficult surely
The prices will certainly fall its allready happenning with "our" new releases

trivets12
trivets12  101149 forum posts
2 Mar 2012 - 9:12 AM

As much as it would be great to have the latest kit, I still actually love my 5D mk 1 and the images it produces and wish I had two!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.