Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III Is Here!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 9:13 AM

There's a lot of the technical info available on the Canon Europe site here.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Mar 2012 - 9:13 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114511 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 9:15 AM

Just found out the RRP for the Canon Speedlite 600EX RT, 680......OUCH......But I must admit it does have an awful lot of features such as built in radio trigger & GPS? etc.....I'm sure the guys from EPZ will be filling us in on the details in due course....

Ade

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 2 Mar 2012 - 9:16 AM
mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 9:18 AM

Quote: Why not produce to versions one with and the other without the video,it cant be that difficult surely

Tha actual cost of any additional hardware will be mimimal - infact it will cost more to produce two models then 1.

However if the manufactures are charging a premimum for the video functions... then yes, we don't all want them (I find them fun to play with, but they don't add much more value for me than that)

gary_k
gary_k  975 forum posts England
2 Mar 2012 - 9:36 AM

As others have said the price will fall. I baught my 7D in spring 2010, about 1149 if I remember, compare that with the 'announcement' price of 1700.

mattw
2 Mar 2012 - 9:40 AM

Quote: I see Canon are also bringing out a new flash as well, the Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT, which apparently is all weatherproof as well as other tweaks, I wonder how much that's going to cost?.......Far too many pennies for me I've no doubt!

Its amazing how whenever Canon brings out new kit, the outgoing model seems to lose all of its weather sealing...

LesF
LesF e2 Member 7176 forum postsLesF vcard 8 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 9:42 AM

The Mk11 was a huge success with HD video, upgrading to the new Mk111 was always going to incorporate changes to stills and video as the camera has a huge dual market hence the hike in price, Canon wins on both fronts

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315563 forum posts England
2 Mar 2012 - 10:06 AM

330 quid for the battery grip. seriously.

User_Removed
2 Mar 2012 - 10:14 AM

Like I said before, the 'Bonkers' people are the one's buying it now at that price thinking it's going to take better images?????

That's why I'm getting the same camera for less. (MkII)
It'll do what I want for 1200 or maybe less now. Wink

MeanGreeny
2 Mar 2012 - 10:20 AM

Quote: 330 quid for the battery grip. seriously.

It's OK. I searched all over the press releases and it's [apparently] not compulsory to buy one.

It is, however, compulsory for the gearheads to sell their Mark 2 at a stupidly low price to fund buying a Mark 3 - so that I can upgrade from my Mark 1 [only 10,000 actuations when bought] which I got through a similar means for an absolute rock bottom price.

G'wan, you know you all want to..........

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 10:27 AM

Quote: It is, however, compulsory for the gearheads to sell their Mark 2 at a stupidly low price to fund buying a Mark 3

If I am selling my MK2 to fund D800, could I sell it at a higher price? Tongue

mattw
2 Mar 2012 - 10:29 AM

No sorry Smile
I view the 5D3 as a nice looking camera I'll buy when one of my existing cameras bites the dust. Or I win the lottery. Whichever happens first.

I'm not in the market for a new camera right now

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 10:36 AM

Apart from AF it looks like a small upgrade at a big, big price!

Oh well, I guess it means the price of the Mk II may hold up or even increase... dashing the hopes of millions! Lol! Wink

And I predict those who have gone over to the dark side won't be coming back........................

newfocus
newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 10:40 AM

Personally I'm glad they haven't gone crazy with the specs - the Mk II is a solid camera and an evolution of that seems the way to go. If the last two models are anything to go by, prices will become more sensible over the next six months or so.

Quote: However we have not seen what this camera can do at high ISO

Out of the 'on paper' specs - that's the one I'm most interested in seeing.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114511 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 10:48 AM

Quote: 330 quid for the battery grip. seriously.

Bri has a point, how long before someone in China makes a copy, and how much money will Canon lose because of it?

Hands up all the folk whose all kit consists on "genuine" Canon equipment?.........I know the argument will be "well I'll invalidate my camera warranty if it isn't a genuine Canon accessory" But there is some really good quality generic kit out there and is it really necessary to buy "genuine" when you can buy generic usually for a fraction of the price?........

You have to question not just Canon, but nearly all the leading brands marketing strategies, especially when most of the genuine accessories are made in China and probably the very same factories as the generic kit comes from!

Ade

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 11:04 AM

The Mk III version of the 5D is now a full-blown professional video camera and compared to what you would have to pay to get similar quality on a 'proper' camcorder (probably well into 5 figures) could be seen as a bargain. Just looking on the bright side. Lol! Wink

Two stops better high ISO apparently. So presumably the Mk III is as good at ISO 6400 as the Mk II is at 1600.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.