Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III Is Here!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2012 - 7:19 PM

The price will drop dramatically in a few months. If you want one now you'll be paying the 'early adopter' premium!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Mar 2012 - 7:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jembo
jembo  10103 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Mar 2012 - 7:31 PM

Yes, the price will come down, but not much - I think it will be interesting to see if the Mk2 comes down to get the remaining stock shifted so that the Mk3 can be the only 5D option available.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315544 forum posts England
5 Mar 2012 - 7:39 PM

Jacobs were selling the 5D Mk II at Focus for 1399

Hugo
Hugo  9635 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Mar 2012 - 9:06 PM

That's not bad...keep tracking the prices of the Mk2 - hoping to get a second had one nearer the 1k mark.
Seem some on ebay at 1200 - so hopefully prices will fall.

The Jacobs deal makes offers like this look rubbish (1349 2nd hand!) - http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Canon-5D-MK-II_50670.html

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 11:45 AM

It may be that people will regard the Mk III as not much of an upgrade on the Mk II. Had it been (megapixel-wise) a competitor for the Nikon D800 you would be knocked over in the rush to get one! Lol! Wink

So I wouldn't be too optimistic about a plethora of Mk II cameras flooding the s/h market...............

newfocus
newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 12:53 PM

I'm not in the market for an upgrade at the moment but I'm definitely more tempted by the kind of improvements Canon seem to have made here than I would be by loads more pixels. A pure increase in pixel count would have had me writing it off completely because I just don't need more. Some of the other improvements have got me thinking. So I think they've got that right in terms of building what current 5D Mk I-II users will look for.

Of course the proof will be when we start seeing the results of real world use.

Last Modified By newfocus at 6 Mar 2012 - 12:55 PM
Carabosse
6 Mar 2012 - 1:41 PM

Quote: I'm definitely more tempted by the kind of improvements Canon seem to have made here than I would be by loads more pixels. A pure increase in pixel count would have had me writing it off completely

Sadly there will be those who feel the exact opposite. Thanks to manufacturers, the public at large have got it into their heads that more pixels = more quality.

Discerning photographers, such as exist on EPZ, know that not to be true but we are probably in a minority. Many will look at the Mk III and say " it was hardly worth bothering to bring out a new model". The subtle improvements will be too subtle!

User_Removed
6 Mar 2012 - 1:58 PM

Can you change the title of the thread so people will know what it's about before looking

User_Removed
6 Mar 2012 - 3:55 PM

Quote: Can you change the title of the thread so people will know what it's about before looking

....or can you erase most of the content of a thread so that it reflects the title??

Wink

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 4:46 PM

Am I missing something? Is this thread not about the 5D3?

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 4:48 PM

Quote: Can you change the title of the thread so people will know what it's about before looking

you forgot to add the 5D , naughty people Tongue

Last Modified By pulsar69 at 6 Mar 2012 - 4:48 PM
Carabosse
6 Mar 2012 - 5:30 PM

Indeed who even uses the term 'EOS' apart from Canon themselves.......

.............. and Volkswagen! Grin

User_Removed
6 Mar 2012 - 5:33 PM

Quote: Am I missing something? Is this thread not about the 5D3?

Yeah, you're missing that the thread title doesn't say that. It seems to be about something called an EOS three

joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 3593 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
6 Mar 2012 - 5:39 PM

Thread title fixed Smile

MarkBauer
MarkBauer  4126 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 11:10 PM

Quote: I wouldn't be too optimistic about a plethora of Mk II cameras flooding the s/h market...............

Apart from all the disgruntled Canon users selling their kit to switch to Nikon and the D800 Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.