Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III Is Here!

User_Removed 5 1.4k England
20 Mar 2012 5:24PM

Quote:I just bought the 5D Mark iii yesterday...great images, BUT cannot view raw files in CS5! certainly can in their given program DPP
photos great and from what I see no noise to speak of, but do not use their program just CS5..any one know of a way, Canon can not help!
Not that prepared, just wanting to get their product sold..but no solutions yet

You obviously don't understand what a RAW file is...

Just wait for Adobe to support the new file from canon. OR progress into 2012 and use DNG.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2012 5:46PM
Adobe has a release candidate software - Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 6.7 Release Candidate for the 5Dmkiii

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/cameraraw6-7/

Wow - Am happy and a tad envious - hope you get soem great pics - i can't wait to see some of your amazing wildlife images taken by this.

Stuart
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2012 6:01PM

Quote:Canon can not help! Not that prepared, just wanting to get their product sold

Canon don't sell DPP, it's free. Canon can't help you with another company's software however much they want to. In the meantime process your image in DPP and transfer to Photoshop via the menu?

If you want to learn DPP plenty of tutorials out there

Lillian e2
5 16 16 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2012 7:29PM
OK Hand's up, Not too good at PS5 but have installed DNG with the 6.7 release and still unable to view raws
and know that DPP is a freebie, and all looks great there, so will look at some of those tutorials and learn again

Thanks for the feed back
Lillian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.