Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Countryfile Photographic Competition

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Brian_Scott
Brian_Scott e2 Member 442 forum postsBrian_Scott vcard United Kingdom27 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2012 - 8:27 PM

The twelve finalists

Here !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Sep 2012 - 8:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB
779HOB  2999 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Sep 2012 - 8:28 PM

You'd have to really like one to pay to vote.

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3648 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2012 - 8:31 PM

My wife who is not a photographer doesn't think much of them and I am not that impressed this year either.

Last Modified By Eastlands at 2 Sep 2012 - 8:31 PM
rossd
rossd  111061 forum posts England
2 Sep 2012 - 8:47 PM

Brian_scott beat me to it! Didn't recognise any of the names as ePz members though. But can somebody please tell me what Jo Brand adds to the proceedings? She seems to do nothing more than make so called 'funny' comments. Another 'famous name' photographer as a judge may have helped.

Chris Packham made some relevant comments I thought i.e the dead poppy in the foreground of one of the shots.

Overall I agree with Eastlands.

hollkj
hollkj e2 Member 9185 forum postshollkj vcard United Kingdom
2 Sep 2012 - 8:50 PM

I like a few of them, particularly the badging trotting down the country lane. Just a shame there are no accompanying words from the photographer.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2012 - 9:10 PM

Yes, our very own Chris Miles is in there!

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 2 Sep 2012 - 9:12 PM
mattberry
mattberry e2 Member 9259 forum postsmattberry vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2012 - 9:51 PM

A couple of nice shots (e.g. Barn Owl and Badger) but the 12 together don't really light my fire I'm afraid!

Jo Brand is a pointless addition to the judging panel. The BBC really needs to sort the judging out for this comp next year.

The prize money isn't great either, considering the size and coverage the competition gets.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96214 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2012 - 10:40 PM

Quote: Jo Brand is a pointless addition to the judging panel.

Jo has been a judge for many years, so is not an addition and certainly not pointless.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
2 Sep 2012 - 11:01 PM

I wasn't impressed overall. I liked the waves and the tern the most.

mattberry
mattberry e2 Member 9259 forum postsmattberry vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2012 - 11:47 PM

Quote:
Jo has been a judge for many years, so is not an addition and certainly not pointless.

Ok then, she's been a pointless judge for many years Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54203 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2012 - 7:22 AM

Quite disapointed with final 12 this year, although I'm glad to see I voted for Chris Miles's pic on here. Smile
Didn't see the point of the muscles at all!
I liked that rather lovely old-fashioned landscape that didn't get picked because it didn't have a cow or something in it. Nevertheless, it was beautiful.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 3 Sep 2012 - 7:23 AM
PaulSR
PaulSR  8511 forum posts England
3 Sep 2012 - 7:59 AM

FEED ME should be a clear winner

User_Removed
3 Sep 2012 - 10:07 AM

A mixed bunch, certainly. What disappointed me was that so few reflect the theme "Walk on the Wild Side".

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
3 Sep 2012 - 10:22 AM

Well, you could either be very strict about it, in which case hardly any would fit, or open it up to make it basically cover anything "wild", which is what they seem to have done..... Perhaps they didn't get enough?

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2012 - 11:27 AM

I don't want to get into the politics of the choices made for the final 12. However, I would like to congratulate Chris Miles in getting one of his images chosen, well done mucker!

Ade

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.