Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

the critique team didn't give the comment on image at critique gallery

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    arhab
    arhab  243 forum posts Indonesia2 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2012 - 4:52 PM

My image on the critique gallery didn't attrack the critique team to comment Sad. Luckily, some fellow photographer nicely give constructive one Smile. How can it happen, the critique team didn't give the comment on image at critique gallery?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Mar 2012 - 4:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2012 - 5:03 PM

The critique team are all volunteers and the image has only been up on the site for half and hour. Maybe be a little more patient, they are not on the site all day every day and it is the weekend.

Last Modified By whipspeed at 3 Mar 2012 - 5:06 PM
    discreetphoton
    discreetphoton Site Moderator 93451 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2012 - 5:10 PM

The critique team aren't required to comment on your images (although many of them do try). Their main role is to review the comments that are nominated for constructive critique points, and award them where necessary. As Whipspeed points out, they are volunteers and aren't always around. By posting in the critique gallery you are letting other members know that you are seeking guidance. Hope that helps you.

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43816 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2012 - 5:12 PM

As said above, The Critique Team are normal humans and are not employees of the site. They have private lives are are not on site 24/7.

What will help them when they see your image is some EXIF or if you do not have that available (I see you use a Nokia) then what you were trying to achieve with the image, what you had in mind when taking it, what message you hoped to give to others who view it.

Malc

Edit: David got there before meSmile

Last Modified By saltireblue at 3 Mar 2012 - 5:14 PM
    arhab
    3 Mar 2012 - 5:15 PM

Smilethank you for the explanation.

justin c
    justin c  104517 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2012 - 5:53 PM

Quote: The Critique Team are normal humans and are not employees of the site.

What are you implying, that all employees of the site are in some way non-human. Extra-terrestrial lifeforms of some description perhapsWink

Last Modified By justin c at 3 Mar 2012 - 5:55 PM
    saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43816 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2012 - 6:06 PM

Quote: The Critique Team are normal humans and are not employees of the site.

What are you implying, that all employees of the site are in some way non-human. Extra-terrestrial lifeforms of some description perhapsWink

LOL. After 24 years of speaking, thinking, dreaming in Norwegian, I tend to write what my brain is thinking in Norwegian and it isn't always correct in English. I always had to proof-read letters to my Mum before sending them otherwise she would not hjave understood half of what I wrote.
    Having said that, I do sometimes wonder about the origins of the Staff & Mods.......are they human or photoshopped....Tongue

Last Modified By saltireblue at 3 Mar 2012 - 6:07 PM
    justin c
    justin c  104517 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2012 - 6:08 PM

SmileSmileSmileSmile

arhab
    3 Mar 2012 - 6:33 PM

well, must work hard to get the worst or the best image to attrack comment Wink

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2012 - 11:13 PM

hello and welcome to the wonderful world of epz.

as the other members have explained, we all work independantly from home when we are able and we work at odd times when we can spare the time.

im sorry if we have missed your first few uploads and i will endevour to catch up as soon as possible.

you must appreciate however, that there are many uploaded for critique and the ones where the poster provides a full account of the objectives and clearly states the type of assistance that is required and ensures the full exif data and processing methods used are available will usually be taken care of first.

from my point of view, i tend to offer assistance to those where my own fields of experience, however limited may be of most assistance or where there is a point to be made that may benefit both the poster and any other onlooker.

you may find that your critiques come several days after posting to coincide with the availablity of team members, however please dont discount the assistance of the other members who contribute regulary to the critique gallery and are a great asset to the site and an enormous assistance to the team.

so if you would just like an opinion on the picture itself, then please just say so, if you want specific help with technique then please state clearly how best we can help you, because if we cant, we will try to find out for you.

enjoy the site, enjoy the company of its terrific membership and i look forward to seeing your uploads.

regards
    Phil

Last Modified By NEWMANP at 3 Mar 2012 - 11:17 PM
    arhab
    6 Mar 2012 - 5:49 AM

I'm sorry. I'm new hereGrin, and I suppose all image in critique gallery will commented by the critique team. I greatly appreciate all comments from other member, I even nominated the comment from other member as constructive critique.Grin . Want to write more, but my English is limited. even now, I'm assisted google translate. Grin

Rahman.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.