Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Death of Photographic Portraiture

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

raziel_uk
raziel_uk  104929 forum posts
4 Sep 2005 - 11:43 AM

I looked at some of the page you mention, Mike, and I quickly became confused because it mentions the terms (although in places it's not sure if "Loupe" should be with or without the "e") but not how to create that effect under the relevant term.

It may well have had the lighting set ups later on but as I said above because it takes some time to download I got tired waiting.

The epz technique that I highlighted gives the basics on a budget but there are lots of others on epz that show more advanced set ups.

But I agree each person will find different techniques clearer to understand than others.

Ashley

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Sep 2005 - 11:43 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikeweeks
mikeweeks  9954 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
4 Sep 2005 - 12:01 PM

Ashley,

Loup/e should be Loop, i.e. the shape of the shadow produced. There are no diagrams, only explanations with examples of the results. It is very hard to draw 3 dimensional diagrams, as that is what would be required. I am about to run a portrait day here in sunny dorset for some from this site. If you have seen the picture it is easier to move the lights to give the result. i am fortunate to own a comprehensive set of studio lights, and i appreciate that if someone is using lighting where you do not have modelling lights it is not as easy, however with the advent of digital it is easy to take and adjust until correct at no expense - i used to use polaroid and at about 1 a test picture i did not like getting it too wrong.
my personal feeling is that once you understand what you are trying to achieve, it then becomes more possible with much simpler equipment

mike

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.